All things Kurt
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

SIT DOWN FOR THIS ONE....KURT IS A FREE AGENT

Post by Annalee »

Kurt Busch not returning to Stewart-Haas?.......Aug 1, 2017
comment
Six months after winning NASCAR's biggest race, Kurt Busch is now a victim of the wildest Silly Season in recent memory.

Stewart-Haas Racing has informed Busch the organization will not pick up the option on the 2017 Daytona 500 winner and 2004 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion for next season.

Stewart-Haas has until midnight on Tuesday (when the company's option expires) to reverse its decision, but the expectation is that Busch will not drive the No. 41 Ford for SHR in 2018.

--- Motorsport ---

BUT WHAT IS GOING ON !!! I wonder if he is going to Formula One......Or maybe in the 10....but who is going to the 41..... :s_omg :s_omg.........Or is this just FAKE NEWS..... :s_omg :s_mad
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: SIT DOWN FOR THIS ONE....KURT IS A FREE AGENT

Post by awsum14 »

Aug 1, 2017
Bob Pockrass
NASCAR

Kurt Busch has been informed his option won't be picked up at Stewart-Haas Racing after this season, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPN on Tuesday.

Busch, who won the season-opening Daytona 500 and is 14th in the NASCAR Cup standings, will become a free agent as of Wednesday morning, the source said, but it is possible that Stewart-Haas Racing could sign him during free agency.

NBC Sports and Motorsport.com first reported news of the team's decision to decline the option on Busch, who has driven for the team since 2014.

Stewart-Haas Racing disputed the reports that Busch would not return to the team next season in a tweet stating that Busch is expected to drive for the team next year.

Monster Energy, which became the NASCAR Cup series sponsor in 2017, has not announced whether it would return in 2018 to sponsor a car at SHR or Busch. If SHR doesn't pick up Busch's option, that would make Busch a free agent and able to sign with anyone, whether that's to return to SHR, if sponsorship materializes, or another team.

Busch would become the second NASCAR Cup champion to be looking for a 2018 ride, as Joe Gibbs Racing already has announced that Erik Jones would replace 2003 Cup champion Matt Kenseth in the No. 20 car next year.

Both are possible candidates to replace Jones in the Furniture Row Racing No. 77 car next season. Team owner Barney Visser said a few weeks ago that the team would like to continue operating that car, but it would need sponsorship.

Hendrick Motorsports also could have an opening if it releases Kasey Kahne, who is signed through 2018. Kahne's two primary sponsors are leaving after this season, and team owner Rick Hendrick has said that plans for the No. 5 car are not solidified for next season.

SHR also could have another opening in addition to Busch, as Danica Patrick has minimal sponsorship for next season. She has said she hopes to return.

In 597 career Cup starts, Busch has 29 career wins and 127 top-5 finishes. Busch, who will turn 39 on Friday, won the 2004 NASCAR Cup title while driving for team owner Jack Roush.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/s ... aas-racing
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by awsum14 »

Stewart-Haas: ‘We expect Kurt Busch back’ in 2018

By Staff Report NASCAR.com August 1, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Stewart-Haas Racing anticipates that Kurt Busch will drive one of the team’s Fords in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 2018, the team confirmed on social media.

SHR’s official Twitter handle sent out the following:

Stewart-Haas Racing ✔ @StewartHaasRcng
We don't comment on contract status, but we expect @KurtBusch back in our @MonsterEnergy / @Haas_Automation Ford in '18. Just sayin'.
12:40 PM - Aug 1, 2017
229 229 Replies 524 524 Retweets 1,715 1,715 likes

The team tweet was in response to an NBC Sports story that, citing a source with knowledge of the negotiations, stated the team declined Busch’s 2018 contract option.

A Stewart-Haas spokesperson said the team’s tweet would be its only official response.

The team had until midnight today to pick up the option, according to NBC, but reportedly informed Busch, the 2004 champion and winner of this year’s Daytona 500, that it would not do so.

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/0 ... -contract/
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jdpirate »

It could be a re-negotiation of his contract (at lesser $$$$) depending on a Sponsor if Monster Energy is not continuing on a car.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

I think you are right JD.....I don't know of any other team having room for him.......
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Kurt Busch Confirms SHR Does Not Pick Up Option For '18

Bob Pockrass NASCAR August 5, 2017 11:04 AM ET

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- Kurt Busch didn't appear stressed Saturday morning talking about his contract status -- he is now a free agent and able to look for 2018 -- and whether he would return to Stewart-Haas Racing next season.

The 2004 NASCAR Cup champion has driven for SHR since 2014, but sponsor Monster Energy has not announced a decision on whether it would return to SHR and Busch.

Busch, who turned 39 on Friday, won the 2017 Daytona 500 for his 29th career NASCAR Cup victory and sits 14th in the standings.

"They chose not to pick up my option, but I see it as good options for me," Busch said Saturday before practice at Watkins Glen. "I'm not too worried about it. I feel like there's more options out there than what exist here.

"The phone didn't stop ringing all week and not just because it was my birthday."

While SHR tweeted earlier this week that it expected Busch to return, Busch appears ready to move on if he gets a better or more solid offer. It likely will depend on sponsorship. Busch's former home, Furniture Row Racing, is among those looking for funding to field a car next year, as are Hendrick Motorsports and Richard Childress Racing.

"I'm looking for the best possible options to race a competitive car that has got a chance to win races, win poles and compete for a championship," Busch said. "There are different cars that are options for me, and Stewart-Haas is one of them."

SHR made the transition this year to Ford, and that might have contributed to the organization not being as dominant as in the past. Busch and Kevin Harvick have wins to qualify for the playoffs. Clint Bowyer is 10th in the standings while Danica Patrick is 28th. Harvick has sponsorship for next season and the team already is committed to Bowyer. Patrick's status remains in limbo pending sponsorship.

"The disruption of them not picking up my option [is] it gets the crew guys all flustered [and] Ford is very surprised by it," Busch said. "We've just got to stay focused and stay sharp. There's no reason to not think I couldn't be back here. It's a matter of making it all work out. I'm not too worried about it."

Busch is in his 17th NASCAR Cup season.

"There's no stress whatsoever," Busch said. "There's plenty of time for all different options to unfold. ... There are a couple of offers already so we'll see how things play out."

:arrow: http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story ... -option-18
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Kurt Busch says he has offers from other teams; says Ford ‘surprised’ team declined contract option

By Nate RyanAug 5, 2017, 10:53 AM EDT

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. – In his first three days testing the NASCAR driver market, Kurt Busch already has received “a couple of offers.”

The Stewart-Haas Racing driver spoke with a small group of reporters Saturday morning before Cup practice at Watkins Glen International in his first interview since Stewart-Haas Racing declined to pick up Busch’s contract option for 2018.

“They chose not to pick up my options, but I see it as good options for me,” Busch, who turned 39 Friday, told ESPN.com, KickinTheTires.net and Motorsport.com. “I’m not too worried about it. I feel like there’s more options out there than what exist here.

“The phone didn’t stop ringing all week and not just because it was my birthday.”

Busch had said several weeks ago he expected to the option to be exercised because he had delivered the necessary results.

“There is no stress whatsoever,” the reigning Daytona 500 winner said. “There’s plenty of time for all options to unfold. There are a couple of offers already, so we will see how things work out.”

Stewart-Haas Racing has declined to address the news aside from posting a tweet Tuesday, indicating it expected both Busch and sponsor Monster Energy to return the No. 41 Ford. Busch said continuing at SHR, where he has raced since 2014, was a possibility.

“I’m looking for the best possible option to race a competitive car that has a chance to win races, win poles and compete for a championship,” he said. “There are different cars that are options for me, and Stewart-Haas is one of them.

Though he seemed unworried, Busch implied the team’s decision had created some tension within his team and caught SHR’s manufacturer off guard.

“The disruption of them not picking up my option, it gets the crew guys all flustered,” he said. “Ford was very surprised by it. We just have to stay focused, stay sharp. There’s no reason to not think we couldn’t be back here. It’s just a matter of making it all work out. I’m not too worried about it.

“Ford is definitely more on my side than they are with the way that the results came out. We’ll see how it all plays out.”

:arrow: http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/08/05/ ... ct-option/
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Haas Gene had his say???
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Even though it's called "Stewart-Haas", Gene is the moneyman!
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

alenigma wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:39 pm Haas Gene had his say???
I would think so, Gene is the one who hired him....I don't know where he would go ......Maybe Ganassi in the #1... :s_dunno I think they will work things out.....