SIT DOWN FOR THIS ONE....KURT IS A FREE AGENT

All things Kurt
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: SIT DOWN FOR THIS ONE....KURT IS A FREE AGENT

Post by alenigma »

Thank You for your prompt reply Annaleee! I'm gonna log off and eat me some hash and rice!!!! Farm boys bar-b-que in Chapin, SC are to blame!!!!G'night!
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
PattyKay
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by PattyKay »

And all this happened 3... almost 4 days ago. Is there any new news? I tried to get across tonight that it was no more than a contract not extended, but renegotiation is certainly on the table. I feel we'll see a lot more of this in days to come as it's the only way to save the series. I feel that owners and drivers all know this and I don't see this as a big deal or really a part of Silly Season. I hope I'm right and the panic predictors are wrong.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Gene Haas optimistic that Kurt Busch will return

Jayski.com staff | 12:19 PM ET

Despite not picking up Kurt Busch's contract option for 2018, Gene Haas told Kickin' the Tires and another reporter, on Saturday, that he is "optimistic" the 2017 Daytona 500 winner will return to the team.

The problem, Haas said, was that Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) is waiting to see what the sponsor of the #41 intends to do going forward. Haas, who owns Haas CNC, is a co-primary sponsor with Monster Energy, so it is doubtful he's waiting for a decision from his own company.

"We're really just kind of waiting for the sponsor to give us an indication of the direction they're going to go in," Haas said. "Once we have a better grip on the money and the direction we're going into and who the sponsor's going to be, then we can sit there and finalize something with Kurt. We expect Kurt to be back next year. But I'm sure he's pretty panicky, going, 'Oh my God, what's going on?' But it seems like these things take longer and longer every year. But we're optimistic.

"Kurt brought Monster in a couple years ago and that was great because basically what it did was kept him in the car for a longer period of time. We kind of had different plans when we started out and things kind of went up and down."

:arrow: http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/sto ... sch-return
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Anyone heard any more on Kurt....I heard that Monster will make its decision on whether they will participate next year or not soon.....
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Still No Deal For Kurt Busch

Jayski.com staff - Nov 11, 2017

AVONDALE, Ariz. - With just eight days remaining in the 2017 Monster Energy Series NASCAR Cup Season, Kurt Busch still does not have a signed deal to drive in 2018.

That is despite Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) announcing other major news, including Aric Almirola for the #10 and an Xfinity Series alliance with Biagi-DenBeste Racing. So, what about the reigning Daytona 500 winner and the 2004 Cup Series champion?

SHR representatives say a deal is in the works and that it is just a matter of time but blame is being assessed on "negotiations" and the "business" of the sport. Haas's personal business is a partial sponsor of the #41 car, however, Busch has a personal and professional relationship with Monster Energy. Additionally, Bush has another potential sponsor in the works which should be announced some time after a deal is reached with the team.

A key holdup is that Busch is being asked to take a significant pay cut despite bringing financial support to the team.

"It's just kind of part of the negotiations, obviously, it would be better to solidify that and I think we will in the next few weeks," Haas told Kickin' the Tires before last week's race at Texas Motor Speedway. "Umm, the whole problem with the sport is there is just less revenue coming in and these adjustments are kind of painful on everybody."

When asked about a pay cut for Busch, Haas said it was more than just a dollar figure holding things up. He also said the team is concerned that sponsors might leave at the end of their contracts and that could put things in a bind. Asked specifically if he was worried about Monster Energy pulling and Haas said no.

Reached for comment for his side of the situation, Busch would only say that he was "in negotiations."

:arrow: http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/sto ... kurt-busch
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

HiddenHollow wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am Still No Deal For Kurt Busch

Jayski.com staff - Nov 11, 2017

AVONDALE, Ariz. - With just eight days remaining in the 2017 Monster Energy Series NASCAR Cup Season, Kurt Busch still does not have a signed deal to drive in 2018.

That is despite Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) announcing other major news, including Aric Almirola for the #10 and an Xfinity Series alliance with Biagi-DenBeste Racing. So, what about the reigning Daytona 500 winner and the 2004 Cup Series champion?

SHR representatives say a deal is in the works and that it is just a matter of time but blame is being assessed on "negotiations" and the "business" of the sport. Haas's personal business is a partial sponsor of the #41 car, however, Busch has a personal and professional relationship with Monster Energy. Additionally, Bush has another potential sponsor in the works which should be announced some time after a deal is reached with the team.

A key holdup is that Busch is being asked to take a significant pay cut despite bringing financial support to the team.

"It's just kind of part of the negotiations, obviously, it would be better to solidify that and I think we will in the next few weeks," Haas told Kickin' the Tires before last week's race at Texas Motor Speedway. "Umm, the whole problem with the sport is there is just less revenue coming in and these adjustments are kind of painful on everybody."

When asked about a pay cut for Busch, Haas said it was more than just a dollar figure holding things up. He also said the team is concerned that sponsors might leave at the end of their contracts and that could put things in a bind. Asked specifically if he was worried about Monster Energy pulling and Haas said no.

Reached for comment for his side of the situation, Busch would only say that he was "in negotiations."

:arrow: http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/sto ... kurt-busch

I posted a YouTube on Kyle......his last remark after post race interview is really telling about how this sport is imploding.....
And with Kurt...I just don't know......

searchers
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by searchers »

There was talk on NASCAR America or Race HUB today about a rumor going around that Kurt may have annoyed the powers at SHR and Matt Kenseth could replace him. It was a real quick statement and not backed up at all. That was today 11/21/2017.

Anybody else hear it?
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

I have heard the exact same thing.....I was afraid to say anything because I didn't know the source personally.... :s_yes
im4tony
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by im4tony »

I heard the same rumor..... Matt Kenseth to replace Kurt Busch.....
intomidator
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by intomidator »

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/news ... iss31j3lm9

Dale Jarrett predicts Matt Kenseth will replace Kurt Busch in the No. 41 next season

Matt Kenseth all but retired from NASCAR after Sunday's race at Homestead but one Hall of Famer thinks he's not done racing yet.

Dale Jarrett said on NBC Sports' "NASCAR America" Tuesday that he thinks Kenseth will replace Kurt Busch in the No. 41 Ford at Stewart-Haas Racing next season.

It's an idea floated around NASCAR circles after Stewart-Haas didn't pick up Busch's option this summer and Kenseth was replaced in the No. 20 at Joe Gibbs Racing for Erik Jones. At the time of Stewart-Haas' announcement, the team expressed optimism in re-signing Busch but a deal has yet to come to fruition.

Reports say Busch is being asked by Stewart-Haas to take a pay cut despite bringing financial support to the team. Another holdup is sponsorship negotiations for the reigning Daytona 500 champion who managed just a 19.9 average finish the last 10 races of this season.

Kenseth is a lock for the Hall of Fame after a victory at Phoenix two weeks ago gave him 39 career Cup Series wins to put him in a tie with Hall of Famer Tim Flock for 19th on the all-time wins list. Kenseth called that win a "storybook ending," but could a ride back with Ford change his mind?

The 45-year-old Kenseth was a 2003 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion and owns 181 top fives and 327 top 10s in 650 career starts. He boasts a 14.1 career average finish.

:s_cool
Everybody is welcome to their own opinions but not their own facts.