NEW GAME ABOUT "NOTHING"

Just for fun
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: NEW GAME ABOUT "NOTHING"

Post by alenigma »

I can still remember when we moved into our first new home. 1973. Our front yard was hard red clay. Dad got two feet of centipede sod and we sprigged the front yard. Nothing could break the top layer of red clay except an axe. We were listening to the Fire-Cracker 400 on a transistor radio. It used to start about 10:00 in the morning.
Fond memories!
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Nothing going on here that a good old fashioned cold front could not fix
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Unfortunatly, nothing can fix our weather here in SC other than a hurricane at this time of year. Beav, you have a nephew that could back me up on this!
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Which do you get more of, hurricanes or tornadoes? Nothing worse than five tornadoes in one day in the same town, that happened here last year
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I thought that nothing like a tornado ever happened that far north. We seem to get more flooding and beach erosion from hurricanes. Hugo in '89 was another story. On I-26 toward Charleston there were miles of Pine forests on both sides, after Hugo, nothing was left standing. Even in the east Columbia some were without power for a week or more! (see how I doubled-up there)
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Nothing like a good ole' fashioned hurricane to keep life interesting...1985 Gloria, 1991 Bob, 1992 Andrew, 1996 Eduoard, 2002 Gustav, 2002 Hanna, 2002 Isodore, 2003 Fabian, 2003 Isabel, 2003 Kate, 2004 Gaston, 2004 Frances, 2005 Cindy, 2005 Katrina, 2006 Ernesto, 2007 Noel, 2008 Ike, 2008 Kyle, 2009 Bill, 2009 Ida, 2010 Earl, 2011 Irene, 2012 Sandy, 2015 Joaquinn. These are just the ones since I was 16 and this does not include the tropical storms. All these hurricanes hit the state of Maine. Throw these in with the number of tornadoes we have each year that you never hear about up here and you start to realize that we really have not just blizzards during the winter to deal with, but we deal with all that God can throw at us up here.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

You are 60 or so miles inland? I recall Ivan. I was in the hospital having a surgery for my extreme abdominal pain and I woke up with a bag attached to my belly! I dealt with that for 14 months, 22 days and 7 hours.My reversal was a complete success!
Ivan meandered through the gulf of Mexico twice. He crossed the peninsula of Florida about 3 times. I am glad he didn't set his sights on y'all.There is nothing like being able to use one's sphincter. Okay ...I can't spell A$$#0le!
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Irene made mincemeat out of VT costing billions in infrastructure as it rerouted not only roads in bridges but also many rivers now have a new path and maps have had to be redone on so many levels. Many houses now have their own little island and were not even in the flood plane before.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Busted!!! Beav, I see no mention of the word "nothing". It's all good my friend. This is, in fact, nothing but a game.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Ah man, I ain't payin' no fine...nothing doin'...I will just suck it out of your checking account