Cole's 2017 Position Points Standing

Make your race picks, win prizes, earn bragging rights
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Cole's 2017 Position Points Standing

Post by alenigma »

Congrats Beav! Why not the official fuel of Nascar?
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

because they don't deal with Sunoco and it is almost unheard of up here...Sunoco stations are few and far between. But there is at least one Shell, Citgo, and Irving in every town with the occasional Gulf too. We used to have a lot of Mobil stations until about 5 years ago and then they started closing up left and right or the owners of the different stations started switching to different brands like Citgo and Shell, they were the most popular ones to switch too up here.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Wow! That's interesting! In SC, some of our Sunocco stations sell regular that has no ethanol for 65 cents above the going rate. ....thing is you get better fuel mileage with the non-ethanol fuel...it's worth it! I haven't seen a Gulf station in thirty years, down here. Have you ever seen a Sinclair gas station? They had a big dinosaur for a logo?
Seems like y'all had a mild winter last year...I'll cross my fingers for y'all this year. - Alan.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Heard of Sinclair, never seen one

Mild winter, my foot, 100+ inches last winter...year before is another story with only 15 inches

No such thing as non-ethanol up here, everything in our state is 10% ethanol in all grades of gasoline
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

We need a pic of Awsum14 with his prize! Never seen or heard of an Irving station. I'm gettin' old, I guess I got my winters mixed-up!
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I never made that a requirement for this game and I have not gotten verification that it has been picked up yet or that it has made it there yet? It was only sent down at the end of last week as I had to wait to meet with the owner of the company who was sponsoring this game as she was away during Thanksgiving for a couple of weeks. Then she was out of the office when I did show up and I met with her brother instead who is VP. Good things take time.

This is who Irving is and what some of the gas stations look like around here and the northeast and the providences of Canada.
http://irvingoil.com/en/operations-and- ... el-plazas/
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

There are NO Irving stations in South Carolina. We have been blessed with a lack of Yankee influences. Gawd Bless The South!!!! And our northern neighbors.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

When you guys had issues with your refineries from the hurricanes that hit this past summer and early fall, it was Irving that came to your rescue by amping up production and shipping tankers of petroleum products to you from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia which is less than a few hours from Maine. This is where we get most of our fuel from. Our propane comes to us through their pipeline across the Canadian providences into NY, VT, NH, ME, and other northern states.