Ask Ashley

Keep in touch with updates to the forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Admin1
Site Admin
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:55 pm
Location: Somewhere in your computer....
Contact:

Ask Ashley

Post by Admin1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Our move to a new hosting service is complete. We will NOT be forced to move to Tapatalk. Our new hosting service is Envesko Services.

Ashley was a great help in getting our forum moved and set up quickly. He is a web designer with a great deal of knowledge and experience.

He said we could ask questions in his introduction post, so I'm setting up this topic for us to ask those questions.



User avatar
Admin1
Site Admin
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:55 pm
Location: Somewhere in your computer....
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by Admin1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Here's my first question - how do users upload their previous avatars since they weren't carried over?

User avatar
Ashley.S.
Race Fan
Race Fan
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 am
Location: Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by Ashley.S. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Fire away :mrgreen:
Admin1 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:30 pm
Here's my first question - how do users upload their previous avatars since they weren't carried over?
The same way as the old board but it seems the option has been disabled :x Go to the ACP > Avatar Settings and configure them to your hearts content :D It might be advised to assign me founder permissions to my account so I can check various things and ensure everything is correct ;)
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly web hosting provider ]

User avatar
Admin1
Site Admin
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:55 pm
Location: Somewhere in your computer....
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by Admin1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Avatars enabled and got my Admin uploaded. Now, I'll upload my HiddenHollow avatar that I use for regular posting.

User avatar
HiddenHollow
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan
Posts: 3878
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by HiddenHollow » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Here is my HiddenHollow avatar.

Sorry guys, but you will have to re-upload your avatars. This is a newer version of phpBB software and the avatars don't carry over. If you need help, like getting your previous avatar from the old forum, let us know.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image

User avatar
Ashley.S.
Race Fan
Race Fan
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 am
Location: Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by Ashley.S. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Admin1 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:50 pm
Avatars enabled and got my Admin uploaded. Now, I'll upload my HiddenHollow avatar that I use for regular posting.
Okay, you might wish to increase the upload limit, 6KB seems a bit stingy ;)
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly web hosting provider ]

User avatar
HiddenHollow
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan
Posts: 3878
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by HiddenHollow » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Ashley.S. wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:56 pm
Admin1 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:50 pm
Avatars enabled and got my Admin uploaded. Now, I'll upload my HiddenHollow avatar that I use for regular posting.
Okay, you might wish to increase the upload limit, 6KB seems a bit stingy ;)
What's your recommendation?
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image

User avatar
Ashley.S.
Race Fan
Race Fan
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 am
Location: Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by Ashley.S. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:05 pm
Ashley.S. wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:56 pm
Admin1 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:50 pm
Avatars enabled and got my Admin uploaded. Now, I'll upload my HiddenHollow avatar that I use for regular posting.
Okay, you might wish to increase the upload limit, 6KB seems a bit stingy ;)
What's your recommendation?
I believe ProphpBB was set at 50KB
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly web hosting provider ]

User avatar
HiddenHollow
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan
Posts: 3878
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by HiddenHollow » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:12 pm

I went back & looked - 197.66kb. :? Where did they come up with that figure. :lol: I'll go change it.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image

User avatar
Ashley.S.
Race Fan
Race Fan
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 am
Location: Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by Ashley.S. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:13 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:12 pm
I went back & looked - 197.66kb. :? Where did they come up with that figure. :lol: I'll go change it.
I have no idea, I think they set it low on purpose :lol:
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly web hosting provider ]

Post Reply