Ask Ashley Or Brandin

Keep in touch with updates to the forum
PattyKay
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Re: Ask Ashley

Post by PattyKay »

Yes Ashley, I'm familiar with the "zoom" feature. I think Gary will tell you that I'm old, but not uninformed. Trouble with that is when you forget to "unzoom", it tends to not show the full page and things get missed. No worries. I'll struggle along. I've made it to 79 and still functioning in the literary world and on social media. :s_roses
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Ashley, do you follow other forms of motorsports? Being from the UK, I assume you are futball (soccer) fan. Call me Al! 8-)
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
Ashley.S.
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by Ashley.S. »

PattyKay wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:01 am Yes Ashley, I'm familiar with the "zoom" feature. I think Gary will tell you that I'm old, but not uninformed. Trouble with that is when you forget to "unzoom", it tends to not show the full page and things get missed. No worries. I'll struggle along. I've made it to 79 and still functioning in the literary world and on social media. :s_roses
Sorry if it appeared that you were not uninformed, that was not my case. I will install the extension I found for you, sorry again :s_blush
alenigma wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:12 pm Ashley, do you follow other forms of motorsports? Being from the UK, I assume you are futball (soccer) fan. Call me Al! 8-)
Eeww football! :eekout:

Yes I tend to follow Formula 1 and Formula E mostly, but I do also occasionally follow the Porche Super Cup, WEC and various others, including NASCAR, via http://www.mobil1thegrid.com/ :s_cool
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly customer rep ]
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Ashley.S. wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:21 pm
PattyKay wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:01 am Yes Ashley, I'm familiar with the "zoom" feature. I think Gary will tell you that I'm old, but not uninformed. Trouble with that is when you forget to "unzoom", it tends to not show the full page and things get missed. No worries. I'll struggle along. I've made it to 79 and still functioning in the literary world and on social media. :s_roses
Sorry if it appeared that you were not uninformed, that was not my case. I will install the extension I found for you, sorry again :s_blush
alenigma wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:12 pm Ashley, do you follow other forms of motorsports? Being from the UK, I assume you are futball (soccer) fan. Call me Al! 8-)
Eeww football! :eekout:

Yes I tend to follow Formula 1 and Formula E mostly, but I do also occasionally follow the Porche Super Cup, WEC and various others, including NASCAR, via http://www.mobil1thegrid.com/ :s_cool
Ashley - let me know if I need to do anything after you install the font extension. Also, how does a user turn on/enable the extension (I assume somewhere in the UCP)?

Leigh Diffey will be announcing the NASCAR race from Watkins Glen tomorrow. A voice you should recognize.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
Ashley.S.
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by Ashley.S. »

No further action required @HiddenHollow users just can enable the feature from the UCP > Board Preferences ;)
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly customer rep ]
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Ashley.S. wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:36 pm No further action required @HiddenHollow users just can enable the feature from the UCP > Board Preferences ;)
:s_thumbsup
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

PattyKay wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:48 pm Wandered into my settings and now trying out the new "larger font" app that Ashley installed. This is SO much better! It's one thing to know what one is doing, but another to do it blindfolded. :lol:
Thanks a million!
Glad it works for you. :s_yes
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I wasn't expecting the rapidity of the replies! :shock: Thanks for all you do Ashley! I raced motocross in the late seventies and I attended my first automobile race around 1965 somewhere around Oakland, CA, my Pop was in the U.S.Navy. They were 3/4 Midgets on a dirt track...running those awesome 6 cylinder Offy's! What fascinated my 6 year old brain was the way the flames would erupt from the 8 inch headers as the drivers backed-out of the throttle midway through the turns! Oh! And some fellow on a motorcycle jumped it over an entire car!!!! We've come a long effin way!!!!
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

PattyKay wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:09 pm You're kidding, right? That was a serious question. This is a brand new board and we don't know what it can do if we don't ask. For the record, my vision is rated 20/20. That means nothing at my age and I'm not busting out a magnifying glass to read on my computer. Just get a visual of that.
Would you? Didn't think so!
FYI...
I wasn't kidding .......I know a lot of people who wear magnifying reading glasses....especially if you use a mini iPad....and Amazon does sell them...Just trying to be helpful....
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Ashley, on the board index page, could we get a notification of some kind, if we have an unread PM?? On the old site You would see a number in parentheses that indicated incoming PMs....