awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Chase Briscoe SHR for full-time Xfinity Series

Post by awsum14 »

:s_dunno I didn't know where to put this;;;;; :s_dunno

Chase Briscoe tabbed for full-time Xfinity Series ride with SHR

By Staff Report NASCAR.com November 27, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Chase Briscoe has been named the full-time driver of the No. 98 Ford for Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi in the NASCAR Xfinity Series for 2019. Briscoe, who won his first career Xfinity Series race at the Charlotte Road Course in September in the No. 98, will have backing from Nutri Chomps for the first 13 races.

The news expands the SHR fleet to two full-time Fords, following two seasons of single-car efforts with Cole Custer in the No. 00. Custer advanced to the Championship 4 in 2018, a season in which Briscoe split time in the No. 60 Roush Fenway Racing Ford and also had five starts in the No. 98.

“I got a taste of what Stewart-Haas Racing is capable of in the five races I ran with the team this year,” Briscoe said in a team release. “Winning at Charlotte was one of the greatest moments of my career, and I have to thank Nutri Chomps, Ford, Tony Stewart, Gene Haas and Fred Biagi for believing in me and providing this opportunity to race full time.”

A dirt racer by trade, Briscoe won in his only NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start of 2018 at Eldora Speedway, the high-banked, half-mile oval Stewart owns.

“I’ve been paying attention to Chase since he raced sprint cars and I saw how well he transitioned to stock cars,” Stewart said. ” … He’s learned a lot in a very short period of time and we’re really looking forward to seeing what he can do when he’s in the same car, working with the same crew, week in and week out.”

The 2016 ARCA Racing Series champion, Briscoe drove full time for Brad Keselowski’s Truck Series team in 2017, posting one win and 10 top-five finishes. He was the rookie of the year and also voted as the series’ most popular driver by the fans.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Chase Briscoe SHR for full-time Xfinity Series

Post by HiddenHollow »

I moved the topic to the NASCAR & Racing forum. It's the best place for any generic racing posts.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

When xfinity raced at Homestead, Tony said that SHR would have two cars next year.... :s_thumbsup

HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Beaver asked me to create this forum for Chase, so I've moved this topic into it.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I saw the news yesterday and figured it might be a good idea to get it going sooner than later.

I was also contacted by the prize sponsor for our Cole Race Game and they want to be the prize sponsor for Chase as well. I had not even had a chance to contact them and they were already reaching out to me. Got to love sponsors who have a deep love for racing like we do. The prizes for each are $75 gift cards. The only change they are wanting to make is instead of trying to figure out who has what available to them for fuel and hope they sell that brand, they are going to provide a $75 Visa Gift Card instead for each game.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »