New to the site? Join the fun, say hi to the gang
ncnascarlady
Race Fan
Race Fan
Location: About an hour from Charlotte Motor Speedway and 90 minutes from SHR

Glad to find you all

Post by ncnascarlady »

Hi all...

I've been a Tony fan since the mid 1990s when he was driving Indy cars and followed him to NASCAR. I'm so glad I did. And I'd like to thank Kopterdoctor for letting me know about this group.

Not sure what else to say other than I live in North Carolina about an hour and a half from the SHR shop, an hour from Charlotte Motor Speedway and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. I've been to the All-Star or Coke 600 (or both some years) for the last 8 years with my husband the Denny Hamlin fan. It was okay before Tony left to form SHR, but now you should hear us screaming during the race...lol

Other than that...I'm a semi-retired professional costume designer and seamstress for movies, theater, museums and historic re-enactors, a full time college student going for my BA in US history, and dang near older than dirt.
Here kitty, kitty, kitty....
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Glad to find you all

Post by awsum14 »

Welcome to The Gang
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Welcome ncnascarlady! Glad you joined us! :welcome:
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
jsw14
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jsw14 »

:D Image To the SHR Garage Gang ncnascarlady ;) We would love to see some of ur professional costume designer work when U have the time to post em :s_cool Ooo & Thank U Kopterdoctor for letting ncnascarlady know about this Cool & Crazy SHR Site :s_yes
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!

Image :s_thumbsup

ncnascarlady
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by ncnascarlady »

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'll post some pictures of what I've done as soon as I find the disk they're on. Had to replace my laptop about a month ago and haven't gotten everything loaded back on. :D
ncnascarlady
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by ncnascarlady »

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'll post some pictures of what I've done as soon as I find the disk they're on. Had to replace my laptop about a month ago and haven't gotten everything loaded back on. :D
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Welcome.....I am from North Carolina too....I am a fiber artist and quilter...too! And as the rest of this group can tell you Tony is my driver and he can do no wrong......I have been to Charlotte to most of the races, but in my heart it is not a race unless Tony is in it.... :s_yes Lately it is hard to get excited about racing.....it's just not the same.... We have a Garage Gang game, come and join us....
ncnascarlady
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by ncnascarlady »

Hi Annalee,

What kind of fiber arts do you? Beyond sewing and needlework, I spin sheep wool, Alpaca, and Llama when I can afford it and weave when I feel like losing an entire room to my loom that is...lol Thankfully my wheel doesn't take up anywhere near as much space so I spin yarn to crochet with. I never got into quilting, mostly because believe it or not, I don't have the patience for it! Too many straight lines, I guess.

I hear you about the races being boring now. I'm trying to become a Clint fan, and there's a corner of my heart reserved for Kevin, but I'm just not into the races anymore. I keep trying every weekend, though. Maybe if Clint or Kevin decide to adopt Tony's attitude it'll get better.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

ncnascarlady wrote:Hi Annalee,

What kind of fiber arts do you? Beyond sewing and needlework, I spin sheep wool, Alpaca, and Llama when I can afford it and weave when I feel like losing an entire room to my loom that is...lol Thankfully my wheel doesn't take up anywhere near as much space so I spin yarn to crochet with. I never got into quilting, mostly because believe it or not, I don't have the patience for it! Too many straight lines, I guess.

I hear you about the races being boring now. I'm trying to become a Clint fan, and there's a corner of my heart reserved for Kevin, but I'm just not into the races anymore. I keep trying every weekend, though. Maybe if Clint or Kevin decide to adopt Tony's attitude it'll get better.
I dye and over dye fabric to get the color and or design it need....And then like my husband says I take a perfectly good piece of fabric and cut it up, only to sew it back together... :s_rofl I have never woven fabric, but it sounds wonderful...I am allergic to wool and most other animal hair, but love the way it looks...I teach quilting, applique and Hawaiian Quilting...It started out as a hobby, that has become an obsession... :s_biggrin I have to do something with
fabric everyday or my day is not complete.......

I too love Tony not only for his talent, but mostly his wit and personality.....There is NO ONE, that can compare to it now...My hopes are riding on Keelan Harvick, he has the genes and his quick wit remind me so much of "Uncle Moke"...

Welcome to the website ......there are some really nice people on here.. :s_wink
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Annalee wrote:
ncnascarlady wrote:Hi Annalee,

I dye and over dye fabric to get the color and or design it need....And then like my husband says I take a perfectly good piece of fabric and cut it up, only to sew it back together... :s_rofl I have never woven fabric, but it sounds wonderful...I am allergic to wool and most other animal hair, but love the way it looks...I teach quilting, applique and Hawaiian Quilting...It started out as a hobby, that has become an obsession... :s_biggrin I have to do something with
fabric everyday or my day is not complete.......

I too love Tony not only for his talent, but mostly his wit and personality.....There is NO ONE, that can compare to it now...My hopes are riding on Keelan Harvick, he has the genes and his quick wit remind me so much of "Uncle Moke"...

Welcome to the website ......there are some really nice people on here.. :s_wink