Happy to find you!

New to the site? Join the fun, say hi to the gang
PattyKay
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Happy to find you!

Post by PattyKay »

Good morning race fans! My name is PattyKay, or if you're into Twitter, @MamaPKL. It's been forever since I've used a BB, but I'll figure it out... slowly!
I have a website, but have been advised that I can't post it in my first post. Guaranteed, I am a harmless 79-year old race fan with no spam intent.
Like this board, we are a website done by race fans, for race fans. No sign-in required, and all are invited to come browse our pages and read our fine writers. Upcoming race data found on our Race Info Center, including TV times for ALL major series. :s_thumbsup
I'll post the website if anyone asks for it. In the meantime, we are Race Fans Forever and we're an organization.
~PK
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Happy to find you!

Post by HiddenHollow »

Hey Mama! Glad to see you found us. The official SHR website had a fan forum from it's beginning in 2009, until last December. They announced they were getting rid of it and completely redesigning the SHR website, which they did. Forums are now "old school" and being replaced by social media sites and apps. A few of us old timers liked the forum structure so we started this as a replacement, trying to mirror the old look and feel as best we could.

See you on Twitter, too.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
PattyKay
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by PattyKay »

I know what you mean. I do my level best to keep up with some of the technology. We have a Forum board on our website, which Jim originally put there as a sort of gift to me. I'm the talker, in case you never guessed that. :s_biggrin
Instead of taking off flying, as it would have done a decade before, it just kind of sits there, with few except our own writers ever using it. I have a Fantasy Racing group on Yahoo that used to do about 10K posts in a season. Now it lies almost silent, except for me congratulating the winners each week. The younger ones do everything on a phone, and never actually enter the group at all. I suspect it's the same for most of these boards. Gonna take me a while to remember all the BB stuff. I'm soaked in HTML on the website.
If there's any others here that I know, please point me out to them, or them to me. I kept my own name and gave the Twitter handle as well. Set my avatar to the easily recognized SAFER emblem that is all over our website and my article.
Thanks for the invite... even though it wasn't intended for me. :s_wink
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

It was an open invite. Glad you took me up on it. :s_thumbsup
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
searchers
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by searchers »

PattyKay wrote:Good morning race fans! My name is PattyKay, or if you're into Twitter, @MamaPKL. It's been forever since I've used a BB, but I'll figure it out... slowly!
I have a website, but have been advised that I can't post it in my first post. Guaranteed, I am a harmless 79-year old race fan with no spam intent.
Like this board, we are a website done by race fans, for race fans. No sign-in required, and all are invited to come browse our pages and read our fine writers. Upcoming race data found on our Race Info Center, including TV times for ALL major series. :s_thumbsup
I'll post the website if anyone asks for it. In the meantime, we are Race Fans Forever and we're an organization.
~PK
PK, enjoyed your website, thanks for allowing us window shoppers in. Some great writing and pictures.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I am in awe and tickled that the knowledgeable and gracious PattyKay has joined our group! Welcome, Ma'am!
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb