The thoughts and prayer thread

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: The thoughts and prayer thread

Post by Annalee »

HiddenHollow wrote:Aw, crap. Mrs HH's 93 year old dad has been admitted to the hospital for possible cardiac problem. He was taken by ambulance from his doctor's office. His car is in the doctor's parking lot. Can you say road trip.

My thyroid surgeon called a little while ago. He said based on the blood test results today, he only expects to have to remove the right lobe of my thyroid. He also expects I'll be able to come off the thyroid medication I have been on. That's all good news.
What is happening to this group.....We are falling apart :s_dunno How long are you going to be in the hospital?!? Hope all goes well with the surgery.......Hope Mrs HH father is ok too....
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

I should only be in the hospital over night, barring any complications.

We will be checking on her dad later this morning. They told her last night that more tests will be ordered this morning. We may be getting on the road headed south later this afternoon.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well......Take care :s_yes
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Mrs HH checked with the hospital this morning. Cardiologist hasn't been in yet. We are planning on driving down later this afternoon.
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jdpirate »

Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and yours HH. I hope all goes well with your upcoming sugery and you get good news on Mrs. HH's dad.

After 2 doc appts this week I did receive a little better news....I can finally drive myself around! YAY! A bit of independence :s_wink Although it was tempered by the fact that it should only be for short distances (even riding), so that absolutely kills my plans to drive to Binghamton (3 hours away) for Easter.
Speaking of Binghamton.....need everyone's thoughts and prayers please for my Brother-in-Law who is going through some very difficult times (rock bottom--mentally) right now. My sister that has been helping me out through my recovery has been dispatched to help out my b-i-l now. I was supposed to go there and spend a few days to try to help out too. What a mess---literally :cry:
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

While we were driving down, FIL's Dr decided to do a cardiac catheterization so we left the hospital and headed to his house. Mrs HH talked to her dad this evening & he said not to bother coming up until the morning. So for now everything is stable. We won't know any details until the morning when we go up there.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

jdpirate wrote:Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and yours HH. I hope all goes well with your upcoming sugery and you get good news on Mrs. HH's dad.

After 2 doc appts this week I did receive a little better news....I can finally drive myself around! YAY! A bit of independence :s_wink Although it was tempered by the fact that it should only be for short distances (even riding), so that absolutely kills my plans to drive to Binghamton (3 hours away) for Easter.
Speaking of Binghamton.....need everyone's thoughts and prayers please for my Brother-in-Law who is going through some very difficult times (rock bottom--mentally) right now. My sister that has been helping me out through my recovery has been dispatched to help out my b-i-l now. I was supposed to go there and spend a few days to try to help out too. What a mess---literally :cry:
Happy to hear that you are doing better and able to get out and about :s_yes ....Baby steps...Don't over do it!!
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Mrs HH's dad was released from the hospital yesterday after 3 days of tests. It looks like he is going to need aortic valve replacement (TAVR) surgery. We will be staying for (?) more days to get that scheduled.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

My thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to all the Gang! - Alan
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

We have to be at the hospital at 5am tomorrow for my 93yo father-in-law to have his heart valve replacement surgery. Gonna be a long day.