Susie Wheldon

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Susie Wheldon

Post by HiddenHollow »

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 6 years since Dan was killed. Great to see Susie getting on with her life and the boys.

From racing to retail: Boutique in St. Pete's Edge district is Susie Wheldon's next chapter

Susie Wheldon deliberately planned the grand opening of her new boutique in St. Petersburg for the same weekend that the Firestone Grand Prix takes over the Sunshine City.

It's a nod to her late husband, IndyCar driver Dan Wheldon, who died in a racing accident in Las Vegas in 2011. But the opening of Verve, on Central Avenue in the city's Edge District, is symbolic on multiple levels for Wheldon.

Wheldon worked in public relations and marketing for motorsports until the birth of her first child in 2009.

"It's almost closing a chapter of my life," she said. "Being involved in racing so long ? I just really want to focus on my life in St. Pete. The timing with the Grand Prix is great because my friends can be a part of it, but it's also letting them see this next chapter, that this is my life in St. Pete."

While the grand opening celebration is slated for March 9, the boutique will be open for business on Feb. 21.

Verve is under construction in the 2,350 square feet previously occupied by Paper Street Market on Central Avenue. Its focus is "elevated streetwear" for men and women, including premium denim and ready-to-wear basics like T-shirts and button-downs. Jeans ? think brands like McGuire Denim and The Kooples ? will run $150 to $200; T-shirts will be priced around $50 to $80.

Between construction costs and inventory, the boutique represents a startup investment of $150,000.

Wheldon, who's 38, envisions her customers as people a lot like her, prioritizing both comfort and style.

"I love a good night out, and I love dressing up, but my day-to-day practical wear ? I?m a mom, too," Wheldon said. "I want to look like I made somewhat of an effort to look like I got ready."

More :arrow: http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/new ... ml?ana=twt
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Susie Wheldon

Post by HiddenHollow »

Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Susie Wheldon