THE COLDEST SPOT IN THE WORLD

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
jsw14
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

THE COLDEST SPOT IN THE WORLD

Post by jsw14 »

On Saturday winds of more then 90 mph swirled around Mount Washington, New Hampshire. The Northeast's Highest Peak, with temp's of -37* & a wind Chill of -93*. It tied for 2nd place with Armstrong, Ontario as the Coldest Spot in the World.....

AP story from the Sunday Paper "THE SUN" in Florida.

I hope Beave & Family R OK....
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!

Image :s_thumbsup

beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: THE COLDEST SPOT IN THE WORLD

Post by beaverpond »

its been colder and winds have blown stronger
jsw14
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jsw14 »

BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!

Image :s_thumbsup

alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Doesn't even compare with my first wife's heart.....
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

when I was in high school the girl I was dating at the time did not even have the heart to brake it off with me herself, she sent my sister's boyfriend and her own best friend for her and then tried to set me up with one of her own friends who was interested in me when she was done with me...how cold hearted was that and did this too me on February 13th. I had no interest in her friend or anybody else for close to a year after that.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I have been talking with my parents over the weekend and we were talking about my dating habits during and after high school and where I learned it from. I thought it was my dad, but it turns out it was our pastor at the time. He was the one who taught me all about setting standards for the young ladies I dated. If they could not live up to my standards, then to dump them before things get serious. No sense in wasting my time on somebody where the relationship will not go anywhere.

When dating, if I did not see the relationship going anywhere then I broke it off before it got started. It could have lasted a few hours in one date or several months to learn what I needed to know. However, I never saw coming what did with one girl as it lasted less than 10 minutes. She asked me if I would be willing to switch faiths and without even asking why, I said no. I later found out a couple weeks later that she was Jewish and that any man she dated or later get married to would have to be Jewish or convert to Judaism as they are they chosen people of God. I actually taught our teens about this recently so they understand this if they were to date or get married to somebody who is Jewish. Also to discuss when marrying somebody outside our faith.

Anyway, my wife and I had only planned on going out for a few hours on our first date and that first date lasted nine hours and we were engaged less two months later. Then married about 10 months after our first date. We had to keep our engagement quiet from my family for awhile as they were already planning one wedding with my sister getting married three months before us.

You wonder what does this have to do with the coldest place on earth...my in-laws tried to stop this marriage right up to and on our wedding day. Yup, shot gun wedding. My mother-in-law telling all of my family to leave because there would not be a wedding. My father-in-law hands me a bag of 3 dozen condoms and says to never have kids...idiot, with the meds I have been on we only had a 1% chance of having kids. I gave them to my brother and his friend and they filled them with water and taped them to their car, at the time my brother was 16. Fortunately for us, God is all knowing and much more powerful, it took more than 10 years but we have a very beautiful daughter. I could keep going, but I think this is enough.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

You know Beav, one day you ought to write a book...I'd read it!
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

About a month ago I was asked to co-author a book on homeschooling because of my experience and stories
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

My uncle George, God rest his soul, started writing a book of his memoirs a few years before he passed. In Viet Nam, he was a machine gunner on one of those FAST river boats among other things he did. He raced dirt cars, worked on oil rigs in the Gulf off of Pensacola. He got about 80 pages in and decided to read it. He figured no one would believe it and threw it away. My younger brother and I talked about this and decided the same thing. We did so much wild, crazy things when we were younger, it could only be by the grace of God that we are still drawing breath.