Tony Stewart Acquires King Of The TQ Midget Series

All things Tony
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Tony Stewart Acquires King Of The TQ Midget Series

Post by HiddenHollow »

By SPEED SPORT Staff - December 9, 2019

BROWNSBURG, Ind. – Three-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Tony Stewart has acquired the Indiana-based UMRA King of the TQ Midget Racing Series and rebranded the organization to form the All Star Circuit of Champions TQ Midgets.

In operation since 1961, the rebranded All Star Circuit of Champions TQ Midgets boasts a longstanding tradition of competitiveness with events in recent seasons stretching throughout the Hoosier State, most recently concluding a schedule that included 25 races in 2019.

With the help of Stewart and a dedicated All Star TQ Midgets staff, the series hopes to continue those longstanding traditions in 2020 while broadening the series’ overall exposure.

“I had the opportunity to start racing TQ Midgets in Indiana right after high school and I’ve had a passion ever since. The experience was valuable and it acted as a crucial step in my USAC career,” Tony Stewart explained, who competes in a TQ Midget when time allows while also owning a TQ Midget team driven by Ron Combs. “It’s a fun atmosphere with a lot of great drivers and teams and I am truly passionate about it. Our goal is to promote that experience to others and hopefully continue to make this Series grow.”

“Tony [Stewart] is a great fit for this organization. We are excited to have him,” Ron Combs said, who has been driving a Tony Stewart-owned TQ Midget since 2004. ”His passion for TQ Midget racing is substantial and I’m confident only great things will come from his affiliation.”

The All Star Circuit of Champions TQ Midgets schedule is expected to be finalized by the New Year.

:arrow: https://speedsport.com/sprints-midgets/ ... et-series/
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image