Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

TONY...No Question SHR stronger than ever

Post by Annalee »

When you are good, you are really good... :s_yes

Brian Lawdermilk | Getty Images
Tony Stewart: No question SHR stronger than ever

By Staff Report NASCAR.com March 12, 2018 at 11:08 am
Kevin Harvick’s third consecutive Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series win put the exclamation point on one of the season’s early story lines: Stewart-Haas Racing is really, really good, from top to bottom.

Is it the best the team has been in its 10-year history? Co-owner Tony Stewart took a shot at answering that following Harvick’s victory at ISM Raceway in Phoenix.

RELATED: Race results | Recap Harvick’s win

“I don’t think there’s any question about that,” Stewart said. “I took a picture of the screen when we had all four cars in the top seven (at Atlanta). I took a screen shot of it as a fan, just kept looking at it.

“It just shows the strength of having four really good teammates that are giving four valid sets of information that they can all feed off of and work off of. It just seems like this group of these guys really work well together. It’s nice to look on the board and see all four cars in the top 10. That’s a proud moment.”

Stewart specifically was referencing that, for the first time since it expanded to a four-car operation in 2014, the entire SHR fleet finished in the top 10.

Through four races, Harvick stands as the series points leader. Clint Bowyer, Aric Almirola and Kurt Busch rank 9-11 in the standings, respectively. All have at least two top-10 finishes this year, while Bowyer has a top-five.

PHOTOS: Stewart through the years

by Taboola Sponsored Links From The Web