Stenhouse snags a ride.

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
blue oval_4
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan

Stenhouse snags a ride.

Post by blue oval_4 »

By Daniel McFadinDec 2, 2019, 2:00 PM EST

JTG Daugherty Racing announced Monday its driver-crew chief lineup for the 2020 Cup Series season, which will see Ricky Stenhouse Jr. take over the No. 47 Chevrolet, while Ryan Preece moves over to the No. 37 Chevrolet.

Stenhouse, who joins the team from Roush Fenway Racing, will work with Brian Pattie, the crew chief he had for his final three seasons with Roush. Two of Pattie’s six Cup wins were with Stenhouse, but the duo failed to make the playoffs the last two seasons.

“I’m very grateful to have Brian join me at JTG Daugherty Racing next season,” Stenhouse Jr. said in a press release. “Working together the past several seasons, our relationship away from the track has really developed and I know that will speed up the process of getting familiar and plugged into the team as quick as possible. He knows what I’m looking for and I know what he expects from me. This team is a great fit for both of us, and we’re looking forward to contributing to the success JTG Daugherty Racing has been building.”

Preece, who drove the No. 47 in his rookie year with two crew chiefs, Tristan Smith (30 races) and Eddie Pardue (six races), will be paired with Trent Owens. Owens has helmed the No. 37 team the last three seasons.

He helped lead Chris Buescher to four top-10 finishes and 12 top-15 finishes in 2019, improving the team’s average finishing position from 21.0 to 17.8.

“I’m really looking forward to working with Trent Owens this upcoming season,” Preece said in a press release. “Our teams worked closely together in 2019. It was impressive to see what he’s done with the No. 37 team the last three years. I really want to continue building on that and bringing both cars into the top 15 regularly next year.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/12/02 ... ef-lineup/
man cannot live by bread alone...He must have beer and Beer Never Broke My ❤️