Ford Mustang to Monster Energy Cup Series in 2019

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Ford Mustang to Monster Energy Cup Series in 2019

Post by beaverpond »

Ford Performance announced Tuesday morning that it plans to bring the company’s iconic Mustang to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 2019.
According to the manufacturer, it will be Ford’s fourth different Monster Energy Series model since the “modern era” began in 1972 – the Mustang will follow the Thunderbird, Taurus and Fusion, the current model.
The move follows similar decisions from fellow manufacturers Toyota and Chevrolet, which changed their body styles significantly over the past two years. Chevrolet introduced the Camaro ZL1 into the Monster Energy Series this year.
Ford has used the Mustang in the NASCAR Xfinity Series since 2011.
According to Ford officials, the Mustang is still going through initial testing and will be formally submitted to NASCAR for approval this summer.
“This announcement makes me very happy,” said Edsel B. Ford II, a member of Ford Motor Company’s board of directors, in a press release. “Mustang is a car that is woven into the fabric of our country, and it’s only right that we put it on the track in NASCAR’s most visible series. I can’t wait.”
Ford drivers and even team owners have hinted throughout the season that a body change was likely coming in 2019.
Ford Performance has six organizations and 13 teams in its NASCAR lineup, including Wood Brothers Racing, Roush Fenway Racing, Team Penske, Stewart-Haas Racing, Front Row Motorsports and Go Fas Racing.
Five of the top six drivers in the Monster Energy Series standings belong to the Ford family, with Joey Logano the highest in second place. The manufacturer has won four of eight races this year as well, with Kevin Harvick winning three straight and Clint Bowyer breaking a 190-race winless streak earlier this year at Martinsville.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Ford Mustang to Monster Energy Cup Series in 2019

Post by beaverpond »

It is about time...you really think it is a coincidence that Kevin Harvick has continued to race in the Xfinity Series where their cars are Mustangs.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

This will be a smooth move I hope because SHR and Penske already have experience with the 'stang in the Xfinity series.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
jwheels14
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jwheels14 »

Well the only car they could field is the Mustang now that they are going to stop making most car models.
They could start racing crossovers or suvs.
It's not the age it's the mileage.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I heard that yesterday during Xfinity race. This will hurt their fleet sales big time.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb