Former Juncos Pro Mazda Racer Jeff Green Dies In Historic Race Crash

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Former Juncos Pro Mazda Racer Jeff Green Dies In Historic Race Crash

Post by HiddenHollow »

Jeff Green, who drove for Juncos Racing in the 2017 Pro Mazda Championship Presented by Cooper Tires, died following an accident in a historic Formula 5000 car this past weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in Ontario, Canada.

Green, 61, of Peoria, Ill., was competing in the Formula 5000 Revival Series on Saturday during the VARAC (Vintage Automobile Racing Association of Canada) Vintage Grand Prix. He was transported via ambulance to Lakeridge Health Bowmanville, where he succumbed to his injuries.

In a statement, Juncos Racing team owner Ricardo Juncos said, “We are deeply saddened with the news of the passing of Jeff Green. Jeff was an outstanding man. He was very dedicated to his family and to his racing career. He was a true joy to be around, especially at the track. He supported this team so much in numerous ways and we cannot thank him enough. We will be forever grateful for our time with Jeff. His family will always be a part of the Juncos Racing family. Our thoughts and prayers go to his wife Pam, children, family, and friends during this very difficult time.”

Green’s former Pro Mazda teammate Victor Franzoni, who developed a strong friendship with Green over the 2017 season, credited Green to helping keep his racing career alive.

“I could not believe it when I received the news. I am completely heartbroken,” Franzoni said.” Jeff is a big reason why I am now in the Indy Lights series. He kept my dream going by being my teammate last year in Pro Mazda. He is the most amazing teammate I have ever had in my life and through that we became great friends.

“I learned a lot from Jeff — he was always teaching me and helping me in any way he could. There are no words to describe this loss. My deepest condolences to his wife Pam and all of his family. Jeff will always be remembered for how amazing and happy of a guy he was.”

:arrow: https://racer.com/2018/06/18/former-jun ... ace-crash/
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image