TRUEX TO SHR....???

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

TRUEX TO SHR....???

Post by Annalee »

Just read in our local newspaper that Furniture Row has no prime sponsor and no contract with Toyota for next year...Rumor is that TRUEX could be coming to SHR......because I live close to NASCAR.......This is a possibility :s_crazy :s_dunno .....SILLY SEASON IS ALIVE AND WELL... :s_omg :s_dunno

BRISTOL, Tenn. -- Defending NASCAR Cup Series champion Martin Truex Jr. wouldn't rule out moving to a new team for 2019 as Furniture Row Racing continues to look for sponsorship.
When asked Friday what percentage he put on his chances to remain with the team, Truex was noncommittal.

"That's hard to put a number on," Truex said after practice at Bristol Motor Speedway. "Honestly, I really don't know. I think in another week or two, I'll have a better answer for you, a better percentage.

"Right now, we need sponsorship. That's as simple as it gets. So it's hard to say. Is there a 50 percent chance we get that in a couple weeks or is there a 100 percent chance or is there 2 percent, I don't know. I can tell you that everything really is based upon that."

Truex joined Furniture Row in 2014 and has enjoyed four of the best seasons of his career since 2015 with 17 victories.

But 14-race sponsor 5-Hr Energy is leaving after this season, and team owner Barney Visser has indicated he doesn't want to spend his own money on the team. Visser vowed last week that closing the team is not an option.

Truex is loyal to Visser, in part because Visser gave him the option in 2014 to skip races while his longtime girlfriend Sherry Pollex battled ovarian cancer. Truex continued to race, but that gesture while Truex was struggling on the track showed a commitment that Truex cherishes.
blue oval_4
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan

Re: TRUEX TO SHR....???

Post by blue oval_4 »

If sponsorship is the problem, as is at SHR, don't really see that happening. SHR may be downsizing by going to a 3 car team. Or one of the young guns moves up. jmoo
man cannot live by bread alone...He must have beer and Beer Never Broke My ❤️
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Aug 23, 2018
Jayski.com Staff

UPDATE: Furniture Row Racing met with team principals from GMS Racing on Tuesday in Denver, but neither party expects a deal between the two organizations to materialize.

The defending Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship team's intention is to remain on its current course.

President Joe Garone told RacinBoys.com that Furniture Row Racing's top priority is to fill the sponsorship void created by 5-hour Energy's departure at season's end.

On Friday, Garone and GMS president Mike Beam confirmed the meeting.

Garone insists nothing has advanced past the point of discussions, but he added that Furniture Row is "looking at every option."

--- Racin Boys ---

Original post 8-23-2018: Furniture Row Racing is discussing a possible deal with NASCAR Xfinity/Truck series team GMS Racing that, if completed, would see FRR Owner Barney Visser sell FRR's assets to GMS. Sources said that the No. 78 Toyota will be running again in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in '19, but it was unclear whether GMS would buy FRR's charter and assets right away or whether the two could form an alliance in '19 before GMS acquires the charter in '20. Sources said the deal was still being worked on and not yet completed. If it was consummated, it would find a way for Visser to keep the No. 78 operation going, as GMS Owner Maury Gallagher's Allegiant Airlines could become a primary sponsor for the car. Both teams declined comment.

--- Sports Business Daily ---
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Silly, ain't it! :eat: I'll just sit back and watch....
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

I think Barney Visser's health could be part of this....And I also he think he sees the writing on the wall.....
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

That makes me wonder if he has any potential heirs to keep his furniture empire going. They may have informed him that they don't want the responsibility of juggling the two businesses.
Felix Sabates once said, "If you want to make a small fortune in Nascar, start with a large one".
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb