NHRA Star Courtney Force Steps Away From Funny Car Racing

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

NHRA Star Courtney Force Steps Away From Funny Car Racing

Post by HiddenHollow »

By: Charles Bradley

The most successful female Funny Car driver in NHRA history, Courtney Force, has revealed she will end her drag racing career with immediate effect.

Force, a top 10 finisher in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series in six of her seven professional seasons, announced that she will be climbing out of the driver’s seat of her 11,000-horsepower, 330mph John Force Racing Advance Auto Parts Chevy Camaro SS Funny Car.

While her driving duties will be coming to an end, Force says looks forward to continuing to stay involved within the NHRA by supporting her teammates as well as maintaining off-track partnerships.

“I will be stepping away from my driving duties, effective immediately,” said Force. “This was a personal choice as I feel I’m ready to see what the next chapter in my life has in store for me, while spending more time with family.”

“I intend to remain involved in the industry I love and continue to work with a few select partners as I go forward in 2019. I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to have such a successful career at John Force Racing and the privilege of working with so many incredible people while racing against competitors who pushed me to be a better driver.”

In 167 pro races, she racked up 12 victories, was runner-up 17 times and reached the semifinals on another 29 occasions. She was the No. 1 qualifier 28 times, 11 times during the 2018 season alone, just two shy of the class record of 13 her father, the legendary John Force, set in 1996.

:arrow: https://www.motorsport.com/nhra/news/co ... r/4328228/
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image