Who's gonna fill the #10 seat in '18?

All things Danica
PattyKay
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Re: Who's gonna fill the #10 seat in '18?

Post by PattyKay »

I'm very familiar with the Thousand Islands area. We fished every inch of it, and I'm being quite factual there. Our favorite though, was up beyond, at Black Lake. We drove up there every chance we got. Other places we frequented "back in the day" were Clayton, Alex Bay, Chaumont Bay and River and Hubby's favorite place in the world,
Henderson Harbor. He rests there eternally now... his wishes fulfilled.
Spencer was my intro to auto racing not done on wide streets in the dark of night. Being a teenager in the '50s sometimes took guts! :s_laughat
A guy I was dating was into drag racing and insisted we go out there. Though I love the drags now and adore the entire Force family, back then, those things ran on ether and it made me horribly sick. Took me right back to my tonsillectomy when I was 8. After 2 or 3 weekends of nausea, we stayed after they were through because there was scheduled to be a "stock car race." This was circa 1954 or 55, but what came out on the track weren't the pretty post-war cars of that era.
They were what I now know were the early "modified stocks" we know as coupes and coaches. They were all pre-war and mostly without fenders. OK then, let's do this!
I never looked back after that. I was out there every chance I got. My aunt got tickets for the Grand National boys when she read they were coming to the Monroe County Fairgrounds. She and I and my poor long-suffering Gram took in our first and only for them, Grand National stock car race. I'm not sure that flying dirt clods were quite their thing. I reveled in it!.That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :s_roses
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by awsum14 »

PattyKay wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:39 pm Just noticed your location says Webster NY. I'm from Hilton! (Rottenchester originally) Cut my racing teeth at Spencer Speedway when it was still dirt!
Hi Neighbor!! :s_thumbsup :s_roses
My brother-in-law used to own "The Willow Inn' up on Braddocks Bay.
Spent quit a few hours there in my younger years. :s_drinks
PattyKay
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by PattyKay »

OMG! So have I! That was THE place to go for a fish fry on Friday! Boarded my horses just up the road at Lemcke's! We lived on Burritt Road. This is like a Western NY convention! :s_thumbsup
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jdpirate »

Oh dear....yep, my stomping grounds...Clayton, Alex Bay, Chaumont Bay and Sleepy Hollow (Cape Vincent) and the little towns in between them all :). Occasional forays to Henderson and Sacket's Harbors. I really do miss my home town area at times, though I've lived in the Rochester area longer than I ever lived in Clayton. Races at Can-Am Speedway (Lafargeville), Evans Mills, Watertown, Oswego, Utica-Rome and Syracuse and a few others I can't recall.

awsum, I knew you were familiar with this area from previous postings we had on the old site :) Last I knew The Willow Inn still exists (haven't been to Braddock's Bay in quite a few years) and the last I was in the place (25 years ago at least)---it probably hasn't changed from when your brother-in-law owned it :)

Western and Upstate (thee real Upstate===not Albany area) are great places:)
blue oval_4
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan

Post by blue oval_4 »

Anyone from Ten uh see? :s_whiteflag :s_whiteflag :s_howdy
man cannot live by bread alone...He must have beer and Beer Never Broke My ❤️