Could Danica move to Roush-Fenway?

All things Danica
searchers
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by searchers »

One of the most talked about vacancies in the NASCAR garage is the one that will be occur at the end of the season when Danica Patrick steps away from Stewart-Haas Racing and the #10 car but at no point in the process has she said he is done with racing. Now, there is talk she could end up at Roush Fenway Racing with boyfriend, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., and she would neither confirm nor deny when asked this past week at Martinsville Speedway.

"Ha, ha, you never know, I mean, you know, I think that, I think that what's most important is that you find a spot where you've got, you know, you've got that potential and you've got a group that has passion," Patrick replied, when asked specifically by Kickin' the Tires about joining Stenhouse and Trevor Bayne at Roush Fenway Racing next season. Roush Fenway currently has three NASCAR charters - one of which is being leased out to another organization.

Whether it will happen is unknown at this point. But keeping her in the Ford fold would be good for a manufacturer trying to attract a female consumer base. A Ford representative did not have any information on if she would be driving a blue oval in 2018.

Adding to the mystery surrounding Patrick's future is a tweet on October 30 by Mike Kelly, who is Stenhouse's former crew chief and current downforce program manager for Roush Fenway. He stated that a "cool news" would be coming from the team and followed up that it would be released in a "week or so."

--- Kickin the Tires ---
---10/31/17---
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Could Danica move to Roush-Fenway?

Post by Annalee »

That's interesting......NASCAR needs Danica and her fan base.