Go Daddy to sponsor Danica for the Daytona and Indy 500 races

All things Danica
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Go Daddy to sponsor Danica for the Daytona and Indy 500 races

Post by Annalee »

This morning on Fox Business News Danica noun end her sponsorship with her old favorite sponsor....GOOD FOR HER.... :s_thumbsup....Lets see who she'll be driving for now.... :s_laughat ....They are lining up...Money talks especially green...

Danica Patrick is going back to green.

GoDaddy Green, to be exact — a fitting color for her farewell tour.

The company will sponsor Patrick in the upcoming "Danica Double" that will close out her racing career, The Associated Press has learned. Patrick has no ride yet for next month's Daytona 500 or the Indianapolis 500 in May, but she now has the financial backing to pull it off.

This time around, the original GoDaddy Girl will symbolize the new core mission of the company that helped make her one of the world's most recognizable athletes.

"There's this great story: I left IndyCar with GoDaddy on my car, I started NASCAR with GoDaddy on my car, I'm most recognized as the GoDaddy green car and driver, and so to finish up my career that way feels appropriate," Patrick told the AP from Scottsdale, Arizona.

Her final race will be the Indy 500, an appropriate choice because it was "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" that rocketed Patrick and GoDaddy into pop culture notoriety.

GoDaddy and Patrick grew up together. The company switched series with her and marketed her as a strong, sexy woman in 13 Super Bowl commercials — a record appearance for celebrities. Now, the company is most interested in Patrick the budding businesswoman who is firmly closing the door on her racing career and rebranding herself as an entrepreneur . She has a book out, an apparel line, a wine label and confirmed to AP this week that she's dating Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

"Our goals are so well-aligned," Barb Rechterman, the chief marketing officer of GoDaddy, told AP. "She's passionate, tenacious and creative just like so many of our customers who are also looking to leverage the power of the internet and turn their 'side hustle' into a full-time business. Danica absolutely epitomizes the heart of our GoDaddy customers."

Prepare to hear a lot about the "side hustle" as GoDaddy climbs aboard the so-far fledgling "Danica Double."

Patrick announced in November she would end her driving career with the Daytona 500 and Indy 500, but didn't have a deal completed for either race. Still doesn't. Yet somehow, Patrick always figures a way to get what she wants. Talks ended with Chip Ganassi Racing about a possible ride, and late last month, Patrick said, she called former GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons and asked about a reunion.

GoDaddy has rebranded since it last teamed with Patrick. The company now touts itself as "the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures," and there's no better spokeswoman than Patrick, who is in the next chapter of her life and her brand.

GoDaddy pulled out of racing after the 2015 season, and Patrick hasn't had the same level of funding and marketing support since. Patrick has slowly reshaped her image, first into a Instagram model and is now a full-blown lifestyle guru. She realized — at the age of 35 — she was on her own.

She and GoDaddy aligned for a splashy move into NASCAR, where she was glamorous off the track but only mediocre on it. Through all of this, she was married, divorced, spent five years dating fellow driver and competitor Ricky Stenhouse Jr., and then seemed to find herself through a tailored diet, exercise and a healthy lifestyle.
intomidator
Race Fan
Race Fan

Re: Go Daddy to sponsor Danica for the Daytona and Indy 500 races

Post by intomidator »

Now all she needs is a team and a car.

I mentioned on another website 2 months ago that GoDaddy would be the perfect sponsor for Patrick and some clown on that site gave me grief accusing me of being mean to Danica. :lol:
Everybody is welcome to their own opinions but not their own facts.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

intomidator wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 pm Now all she needs is a team and a car.

I mentioned on another website 2 months ago that GoDaddy would be the perfect sponsor for Patrick and some clown on that site gave me grief accusing me of being mean to Danica. :lol:

With sponsorship, they are probably lining up.....I would like to see her drive the Indy race with the Andretti's and Daytona who knows...Penske, or wouldn't it be funny if she drove for Petty..... :s_crazy
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I know SHR enjoyed all those big checks they were paid by Go Daddy, when they were her primary sponsor. I'll bet Gene and Tony are trying to find a way around the 4 car rule as I type. SHR did take home last years Harley Earl Trophy!
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Danica-Watch Entering Final Stages

By Matt Embury | January 20, 2018

While no team confirmation has been made, it appears that the final pieces are about to be put together for Danica Patrick’s run in the 102nd Indianapolis 500, her final competitive effort in the sport of auto racing.

With the announcement that long-time supporter GoDaddy.com will sponsor her attempts at the Daytona 500 next month and at the Brickyard in May, the potential location of her performances appears to be gaining clarity after talks seemed to lose steam after the Christmas holiday.

In the early scenarios, it appeared that the likely destination for the 2005 Indy 500 Rookie of the Year’s effort would be with Chip Ganassi Racing, after the team’s owner was quoted by the Associated Press as having “liked the idea,” of Patrick returning to IndyCars for one final race. The path to a third car for Indy alongside the team’s regular pilots Scott Dixon and Ed Jones reached a dead-end however, when Ganassi confirmed that an extra car would not be made available.

In addition to CGR, other full season runners also showed no interest in acquiring Patrick, including Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, whom the Roscoe, Illinois-native drove for in 2005 and 2006 and Andretti Autosport, who provided entries for her from 2007 to 2011.

As the entries capable of winning at the Brickyard began to disappear, other chances for Indy have surfaced. According to RACER Magazine, the most realistic option at this point appears to be with Indy-only entrant Dreyer & Reinbold Racing. Although the Indianapolis-based operation has not contested the full Verizon IndyCar Series circuit since 2012, the squad overseen by car dealership magnate Dennis Reinbold has annually contested the Greatest Spectacle in Racing in each of the last five years, including three of the previous four with veteran Sage Karam.

In recent months, the chances for two cars from DRR began to gain steam for this May. Reinbold purchased two brand-new Dallara DW12 chassis, complete with the all-new aerodynamic kit for this season. The add-ons mean the team has three cars at its disposal. If things work out, Pennsylvania’s Karam would be in one machine, while the second car would be made available to another funded driver, with Patrick being one option.

Reinbold has hinted at a possible return to the full-time participation in the Verizon IndyCar Series, and an expansion for the Indy 500 in May could provide a springboard for it.

Another team that could become a Plan B alternative is Harding Racing, who debuted at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2017, finishing ninth with Gabby Chaves. As reported by POPULAR OPEN WHEEL earlier this month, team president Brian Barnhart has mentioned a desire to enter a second machine alongside the Colombian veteran to improve performance. Although not confirming or denying any chats with Patrick, the former IndyCar Series director of competition said he would be open to offering a ride if all other opportunities did not come to fruition.

Stay tuned to POPULAR OPEN WHEEL on this developing story as new information is obtained.

:arrow: http://popularopenwheel.com/danica-watc ... al-stages/
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image