All things Danica
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Danica Inks Deal For Daytona 500 Ride

Post by HiddenHollow »

Danica Patrick teams up with Premium Motorsports, Tony Eury Jr. for Daytona 500

By Staff Report | NASCAR.com | January 22, 2018 at 3:47 pm

Danica Patrick will drive in the Daytona 500 for Premium Motorsports, finalizing the first stage in her plan to compete in the “Danica Double” in 2018. She will pilot the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet for Premium Motorsports with Tony Eury Jr. atop the pit box, reuniting her with both the number and crew chief with which she began her NASCAR career.

The Associated Press first reported the news.

“I couldn’t have written a better story about how this would all fall into place,” Patrick said in a press release. “Going with the flow is working out beautifully. … It all makes my last NASCAR race just that much sweeter.”

Patrick’s plans for the second leg of the “Danica Double” — the Indianapolis 500 — have not yet been finalized.

Eury Jr. served as Patrick’s crew chief from 2010-12 in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and welcomes the chance to rejoin Patrick for one final race.

“It wouldn’t be just any opportunity that could coax me back to the pit box,” Eury said. “Working with Danica and GoDaddy again at Daytona is going to be fun – when you can do what you love and be in your element … well, I can tell you, it doesn’t get any better. Danica and I have shared success before in Daytona, and she has a lot more experience under her belt now, so I look forward to seeing what we can achieve during Speedweeks.”

Premium Motorsports has a charter for Patrick’s entry, guaranteeing her a spot in the field.

Patrick announced in November that the 2017 season would mark her last full-time campaign in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. In that same emotional news conference, Patrick also announced her intent to compete in both the Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500 this season.

She has competed six times in the Daytona 500 with a best finish of eighth (twice); she also won the pole position for the 2013 running.

Patrick competed in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series for the last five seasons with Stewart-Haas Racing. Last September, Patrick announced she would part ways with SHR.

She has since branched into several other careers and projects for her life after racing, including her own line of athletic apparel, a self-penned fitness book and ownership of a California vineyard.

:arrow: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/ ... ytona-500/
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
intomidator
Race Fan
Race Fan

Re: Danica Inks Deal For Daytona 500 Ride

Post by intomidator »

Will be fun to see how Danica fares without the premium resources she has enjoyed throughout her career.

One note regarding an error in the nascar.com story: "She has competed six times in the Daytona 500 with a best finish of eighth (twice);"

Patrick has had a best finish 8th in the Daytona 500 only once (her other 8th place finish was, in fact, in the July 2014 Coke Zero 400).

As far as her other 5 Daytona 500s she did no better than 21st and had an average finish of 29.5
Everybody is welcome to their own opinions but not their own facts.
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Danica Inks Deal For Daytona 500 Ride

Post by awsum14 »

Not the way she wanted to end her NASCAR career