Danica Patrick's Talks With Ganassi Break Down

All things Danica
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Danica Patrick's Talks With Ganassi Break Down

Post by HiddenHollow »

Talks between Danica Patrick and Chip Ganassi Racing about driving in the 2018 Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500 appear to have broken down, according to Chip Ganassi, who informed a packed crowd of the news at the Performance Racing Industry Show (PRI Show) opening breakfast.

"You know I think it is a great opportunity for her to do that, to go out of the sport the way she wants to, driving Daytona and Indy," Ganassi said. "And, you know, we had some conversations and it was very, very brief conversations at a high level and I think it is a great idea for her. I don't know that it is going to be with us but I think it is a good idea for her."

Now, it looks like whatever deal may have been in the works with Chip Ganassi Racing is no longer moving forward. It was the first time Ganassi has discussed talks breaking down between the two and it came in response to a question from motorsports journalist Dave Despain during the opening breakfast Q and A.

"You know, I think it has probably stalled a little bit," Ganassi said. "You know the talks have maybe stalled. It's not anyone's fault or any reason, I think it is just we, sort of, have different things in mind. Nobody is right or wrong here but, yeah, probably not going to happen."

:arrow: http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/sto ... break-down
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Danica Patrick's Talks With Ganassi Break Down

Post by alenigma »

Andretti Motorsports should be the team to step-up. They did when Kurt came knocking.....I don't think it would take her too long to get acclimated to the newer cars.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Patrick's Daytona plans 'taking a little bit of time'

Thursday, 04 January 2018
By Kelly Crandall

Danica Patrick admits things are taking longer than she'd like to nail down plans for the Daytona 500 on February 18.

In November, Patrick announced she would not compete full-time in NASCAR going forward, but that she wanted to end her career by running in the 60th annual Daytona 500 and 2018 Indy 500. She has not yet announced who she will drive for, and in an interview with The Morning Drive on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, the former Stewart-Haas Racing driver expressed hope that things will come together soon for her to be behind the wheel.

"I thought it was going to be a quicker process, but you can't rush things," Patrick said. "I'm a big believer more and more all the time of letting things flow and just letting things take shape in the way that they would. And that's kind of why I ended where I ended with finishing up my full-time career last year and doing the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500 for this year. I didn't push anything, I just let things flow and it's turned out to be just perfect."

Patrick's radio appearance was mostly centered around the release of her book, "Pretty Intense," in which she offers nutrition and exercise tips for a healthier lifestyle. She has also kept busy over the last year with a clothing line and vineyard.

"Honestly, I'm just excited and so grateful. Everything I do outside of racing is because of racing," she said. "I'm well aware of that and I'm so fortunate that I get to go into these other ventures and have a platform to do it, but I am excited about them. I'm so glad for the way it all ended up working out, and so similarly with the teams I'm going to race for, or team, in NASCAR and in IndyCar, I'm pushing politely but you can't make things happen before they are ready to happen.

"I just kind of thought it would get more simple; there's less people involved, less sponsors, less things. Well, it's still complicated. So, it's just taking a little bit of time, but we'll hopefully have something to announce soon enough."

Patrick finished 28th in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series point standings in 2017 and has seven career top-10 finishes. In 2013, Patrick became the first women to win a Cup Series pole award when she took the top spot for the Daytona 500.

:arrow: http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/146560 ... it-of-time
intomidator
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by intomidator »

Perhaps this may be why it's taking so long for Danica to find a ride. Wonder if this is the prevailing opinion.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... ar-994002/

"SPM has also ruled out running Patrick in the final race of her career, because it would be a “distraction”. Patrick has said that finding drives for her career swansong at NASCAR’s Daytona 500 and the Indy 500 have been taking longer than expected.

“We haven't really had any conversations about it, I know she's talked to a few teams,” said Schmidt. “We kind of evaluate it as too much of a distraction with all the fanfare and everything that goes along with it.

“So it's not really high on our list, that's for sure. I think she'll do an excellent job, she'll float back in where she was before… but it's all the stuff that comes with it.”
Everybody is welcome to their own opinions but not their own facts.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

:s_rofl :s_rofl :s_rofl :s_rofl