Matt Kenseth is back...YES!!!!!

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Matt Kenseth is back...YES!!!!!

Post by Annalee »

I am doing the Happy Dance..... :s_whiteflag :s_whiteflag :s_whiteflag :s_thumbsup When is NASCAR going to learn these young bucks, need experience.....NOW IF SOMEONE CAN CONVINCE TONY.....I would really be a happy girl..... :s_thumbsup NASCAR MIGHT STAND A CHANCE.... :s_thumbsup :s_thumbsup

Matt Kenseth is returning to the NASCAR Cup Series to drive Roush Fenway Racing’s No. 6 car in select races this season, multiple sources told SB Nation.

Kenseth will share the No. 6 Ford for the remainder of the 2018 season with Trevor Bayne, who has driven the car on a full-time basis since 2015 but will now move to part-time status rounding out the races Kenseth does not compete in.

Roush Fenway will announce the news at a press conference scheduled for Wednesday at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, N.C.

Kenseth’s first race with Roush Fenway is expected to be May 12 at Kansas Speedway.

Kenseth began his Cup Series with Roush Fenway, driving full-time for the team from 2001-2012 before leaving to join Joe Gibbs Racing in 2013. Kenseth, 45, drove for JGR through the end of the 2017 season with the team electing to replace him with 21-year-old Erik Jones, a move largely dictated not on performance but Jones’ youth and ability to attract sponsorship.

Unable to secure a ride with a team the same caliber as JGR, Kenseth elected to step away from racing but emphasized he was not retiring and would return if the right situation arose.

Kenseth won the 2003 Cup Series and two Daytona 500s during his 12-year stint with Roush Fenway. Kenseth is a 39-time race winner in NASCAR’s premier division, with 15 of those wins coming with JGR.
blue oval_4
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan

Re: Matt Kenseth is back...YES!!!!!

Post by blue oval_4 »

http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports ... 78534.html

April 24, 2018 07:16 AM

It was a short hiatus from NASCAR for Matt Kenseth.

Kenseth, whose last race was the 2017 finale at Homestead in November, will return to NASCAR's Cup Series part-time with Roush Fenway Racing for the remainder of the 2018 season, according to Jordan Bianchi of SB Nation. Kenseth, 46, will split the No. 6 car with Trevor Bayne, who has competed in each of this season's first nine races.

Kenseth's first race is scheduled to be May 12 at Kansas Speedway, one week before the Cup Series comes to Charlotte Motor Speedway for the All-Star Race and Coca-Cola 600.

Kenseth began his Cup Series career with RFR in 2001 and remained with the team through 2012, even winning the 2003 Cup Series championship there. He moved to Joe Gibbs Racing in 2013 before being replaced this season by Erik Jones.

Kenseth reiterated at the end of the 2017 season that it was not his desire to retire but rather that he was unable to find a suitable ride.

As for Bayne, he will move to part-time status after driving the No. 6 full-time since 2015. In nine races this season, Bayne's best finish was 12th at Texas.
man cannot live by bread alone...He must have beer and Beer Never Broke My ❤️
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

It could be that Trevor's multiple sclerosis has gotten worse. Lately, he been a menace to himself, teammates and everyone on the track! I feel sad for the young man.
I am glad for Matt. A couple of my friends were huge Kenseth fans. They ceremoniously removed their front tags at the end of 2016, so they could place them in their respective "man caves"! I just hope Rousch can find a wealthy sponsor or three...
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

alenigma wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 pm It could be that Trevor's multiple sclerosis has gotten worse. Lately, he been a menace to himself, teammates and everyone on the track! I feel sad for the young man.
I am glad for Matt. A couple of my friends were huge Kenseth fans. They ceremoniously removed their front tags at the end of 2016, so they could place them in their respective "man caves"! I just hope Rousch can find a wealthy sponsor or three...

I think you could be right, MS is a horrible disease....I have three friends who have it...You can be in remission for years and then all of a sudden it comes back...Hope for him this is not the case...They are letting him race intermittently so hopefully he is okay...
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Roush Fenway Racing says Trevor Bayne will make a statement at 11:10 a.m. CT behind the 6 hauler. It will just be a statement, no questions.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Good news, Trevor's health is okay.....Matt is in there to help and in a large part because of Mark Martin...They need the experience and talent of Matt...And who knows maybe he may work this into a ride ....
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

I also found this: Trevor Bayne spoke briefly to the media, not taking questions. Bayne: "First of all, my health is 100 percent. I am as fit physically, mentally, spiritually as I've ever been to do my job well. And the second part, my desire is, as it has always been since I was 5 years old, to come to the race track and contend for wins, championships and be a driver at the top level in the Cup Series. Nothing in that has changed. I'm still going to pursue that because I feel like I've got the ability to do that."
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Has anyone noticed the lack of sponsorship the last couple of races? Like when he took himself out. Two races in a row?
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Matt Kenseth 2018 NASCAR Schedule

Kansas Speedway - May 12
Charlotte Motor Speedway - May 27
Michigan International Speedway - June 10
Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Sept. 9
Dover International Speedway - Oct. 7