Arctic Cat Unites Donny Schatz & TSR

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Arctic Cat Unites Donny Schatz & TSR

Post by HiddenHollow »

Arctic Cat will sponsor Donny Schatz in the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series this year. The company also supported Schatz at the Chili Bowl last month. (Frank Smith Photo)

INDIANAPOLIS ? Arctic Cat has announced a partnership with Tony Stewart Racing and Donny Schatz that includes primary sponsorship of the TSR No. 15 Arctic Cat J&J that Schatz will race in the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series.

Arctic Cat will also be co-primary sponsor on the TSR No. 14 that team owner Tony Stewart will pilot in more than 50 races on dirt in 2017.

The relationship aligns Arctic Cat, one of the most widely recognized and respected manufacturers and marketers in the powersports industry, with the most decorated driver in short-track racing over the past decade.

?We are extremely excited today to announce the partnership between Arctic Cat and Tony Stewart Racing,? said Greg Williamson, chief marketing officer, Arctic Cat. ?This is a truly unique opportunity, by partnering with Tony Stewart Racing, which sets the standard in short track racing, and Donny Schatz, the best driver in Sprint car racing, we continue to reinforce our commitment to be the best in everything we do. Donny is not only a great racer, but an Arctic Cat customer who uses our vehicles both for fun and to get work done when he?s not behind the wheel of his 900-horsepower Sprint car. He, along with the people who live and breathe Sprint car racing are a great fit for our brand. This partnership puts us in an ideal environment to showcase the Arctic Cat line of products and welcome everyone to the wide world of Arctic Cat.?

Schatz, an eight-time World of Outlaws champion, has won every major sprint car race there is, including the 5-Hour Energy Knoxville Nationals nine times. He is third on the all-time win list with the World of Outlaws with 229 victories.

?I?ve been blessed to be around incredible people throughout my career and I?m so excited to be joining the Arctic Cat family,? Schatz said. ?It started with my parents giving me the chance to pursue a dream of becoming a World of Outlaws driver and then Tony coming along and bringing me into his organization. We?ve worked extremely hard to be the best and are always striving to find ways to get better. I?m not sure I have the words to accurately describe my emotions about getting to drive the Arctic Cat 15 this year. I?m blown away. They are a company that?s from right up here in my neck of the woods and I?ve been on Cats for as long as I can remember. Whether we were working my grandpa?s farm or tackling the snow for fun, Arctic Cat has been a big part of my life and now we get to venture into another chapter together. We?ve got a motivated group of people at TSR ready to attack dirt tracks across the country with a black and green racecar. I can?t wait to start this ride.?

The partnerships with TSR for Arctic Cat continue the brand?s involvement in short-track racing. Both Schatz and Stewart will make their 2017 debut next week in the Arctic Cat All-Star Circuit of Champions-sanctioned Bubba Army Winter Nationals at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, Fla. The event also kicks off Arctic Cat?s second season as title sponsor of the sprint car series owned by Stewart.

?I?ve been involved with racing most of my life and one thing that has been a constant throughout is the importance of relationships,? Stewart said. ?I?ve had the pleasure of working with and getting to know the people at Arctic Cat over the past decade and, like I said when they renewed their partnership with the All-Stars, we are family. To have Arctic Cat continue being part of the All-Stars? family for the next two years is something I?m really proud of. And I?m honored to see that relationship carry over to our TSR teams and have them aligned with Donny Schatz and the crew we?ve assembled on that 15 team. It?s a potent combination and one that?s aiming to continue to set the standard in Sprint car racing. I?m excited I get the chance to do some Sprint car racing this year myself, and having Arctic Cat as part of the ride is an added bonus. We?re beyond honored to be part of something like this.?

:arrow: https://speedsport.com/sprints-midgets/ ... chatz-tsr/
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image