Kyle Larson

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Kyle Larson

Post by Annalee »

JMO.....I have heard that Kyle will not be in the 48.....Alex Bowman will be ....So that leaves the 88.....Maybe....I have also heard that William Byron will go to the 88 and that leaves the 24....Jeff Gordon wants to put Kyle Larson in his old ride...We’ll see....Instead of shuffling the cards they are shuffling the cars....Time will tell
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

KYLE SWEEPS THE WEEKEND......

Former NASCAR standout Kyle Larson dominated the World of Outlaws' Nittany Showdown weekend at Port Royal Speedway.

Larson collected two more victories at the Juniata County track to push his season win total up to 40. Friday’s victory netted him $8,000, while Saturday’s win was worth $15,000.

Saturday's victory marked his 20th career Outlaws victory. It was also the third time he’s swept an Outlaws doubleheader weekend in 2020.

Friday, Larson led all 25 laps in defeating Danny Dietrich for the win. Sheldon Haudenschild finished third that night, with Gio Scelzi and Brock Zearfoss in the top five. Rounding out the top 10 Friday were Dillsburg’s Anthony Macri, Donny Schatz, David Gravel, Freddie Rahmer and Kerry Madsen.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

JMO...Kyle Larson drove for Chip Ganasi, a mediocre team at best....His crew chief was Chad Johnson, the oneTony fired....In April he used a word that was very inappropriate and was suspended from NASCAR....He picked up the pieces and went to dirt racing.....Smoked the whole field...He usually won every race and a couple of times came in second....His talent was something they write books about.....Now here is NASCAR who said he did ask to be reinstated this week...Wrong,!!! He asked sometime mid July.....The same time Tony started voicing his opinion to get off their Assets and reinstate him....He can’t say anything about when he asked for reinstatement, cause he is walking a very tight rope....Now here’s the irony in all of this....Larson is the hottest commodity in NASCAR...He has two of Biggest Teams wanting him to drive for them...His future is has never been brighter.....NASCAR you didn’t punish him, you just made yourselves look more stupid than ever before trying to be Politically Correct ..Who gets the last laugh...That one goes to Kyle....
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Kyle Larson Applies For Reinstatement To NASCAR

By Dustin Long | Oct 16, 2020, 2:27 PM EDT

Kyle Larson has applied for reinstatement, NASCAR confirmed Friday.

No decision has been made on lifting Larson’s indefinite suspension. A NASCAR spokesperson said the matter is being discussed.

NASCAR suspended Larson April 13, a day after he uttered a racial slur during an esports racing game. Chip Ganassi Racing fired Larson a day later. NASCAR required Larson to attend sensitivity training. Larson completed the training by May 6.

He has remained suspended despite completing the training because he had not applied for reinstatement until now.

Larson detailed his personal journey of reflection since losing his NASCAR ride in an Oct. 4 essay posted on his website.

“Since April, I’ve done a lot of reflecting,” Larson wrote. “I realized how little I really knew about the African-American experience in this country and racism in general. Educating myself is something I should’ve done a long time ago, because it would’ve made me a better person – the kind of person who doesn’t casually throw around an awful, racist word. The kind who makes an effort to understand the hate and oppression it symbolizes and the depth of pain it has caused Black people throughout history and still to this day. It was past time for me to shut up, listen and learn.”

Larson noted in the essay that he’s had discussions with various individuals about race and how he can be more sensitive to others.

“Everyone I’ve talked to was fully aware of the mistake I made and they chose to invest their time and energy into my growth as a person,” Larson wrote of conversations with Olympian Jackie Joyner-Kersee, corporate executive Kevin Liles, formerly of Def Jam) and others.

Larson appeared on “CBS This Morning” on Friday.

“I feel like I’ve definitely grown more in these last six months than I have in the 28 years I’ve been alive,” Larson said in the interview.

:arrow: https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/10/16 ... to-nascar/
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

NASCAR Officials: Kyle Larson Applies For Reinstatement

By Zack Albert | NASCAR.com | October 16, 2020 at 1:36 PM

NASCAR officials indicated Friday that Kyle Larson applied for reinstatement earlier this week.

Larson’s NASCAR membership was suspended April 13, one day after his use of a racial slur during an iRacing event. Chip Ganassi Racing fired the 28-year-old driver on April 14, later tapping Matt Kenseth to replace him in the No. 42 Chevrolet.

Larson is required to complete sensitivity training at NASCAR’s direction as a condition for his reinstatement.

Larson has made few public statements about the matter since his suspension, but has recently spoken out about the measures he has taken to educate himself about civil-rights issues, first in an interview with the Associated Press on Aug. 19, then in a personal essay published on his website Oct. 4. His first televised interview on the subject came earlier Friday with reporter James Brown on CBS This Morning.

Larson is a six-time winner in the NASCAR Cup Series. During his suspension from NASCAR, he has spent time in sprint-car competition and has been a regular winner in dirt-track events.

:arrow: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/ ... up-series/
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

NASCAR announces that Kyle Larson has been reinstated
ABOUT TIME!!!......Announcements to follow..... :s_thumbsup

NASCAR officials reinstated Kyle Larson on Monday, more than six months after his suspension for his use of a racial slur during an iRacing event.

Chip Ganassi Racing fired Larson on April 14, one day after NASCAR barred him indefinitely as part of a behavioral penalty. Larson was mandated to complete sensitivity training at NASCAR’s direction as a condition for reinstatement, but will also have continued requirements to fulfill in order to keep his NASCAR membership current.

“NASCAR continues to prioritize diversity and inclusion across our sport,” the sanctioning body said in an official statement. “Kyle Larson has fulfilled the requirements set by NASCAR, and has taken several voluntary measures, to better educate himself so that he can use his platform to help bridge the divide in our country. Larson’s indefinite suspension has been lifted. Under the terms of his reinstatement, he will be cleared to return to all NASCAR racing activities effective January 1, 2021.”

Those terms for reinstatement include several speaking engagements, each spaced out through 2023, where Larson will share his experiences with NASCAR’s weekly series, e-sports and dirt-racing communities. He will also be required to take further training and engagement classes through 2023, plus continue his work with the Urban Youth Racing School (UYRS) and Rev Racing, providing coaching and mentorship for those initiatives.

HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »