HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Post by beaverpond »

While more than 130,000 Central Maine Power customers have been without power during this storm, more than 84,000 have had power restored so far. But it could be days before some parts of the state are fully restored. We have more than 500 utility line crews and more than 300 tree company crews out there working currently. All these crews from out of country and out of state arrived ahead of the storm.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I hope things are getting back to normal up there. Got me a walker today...Locking handbrakes and four 8" wheels and everything works! I can get some exercise on this as opposed to using one walking stick and struggling along.
A big thanks to "His House" they saw me struggling and let me have it for 15 bucks. One of them wanted to help me put it in the car.
I told him that if I can't do that, I don't much need it.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

my mom has one similar to that but it is a wheelchair and it literally folds in the middle and is very light weight. Hers has handbrakes just under each handrest and they are longer handrests than most wheelchairs I normally see, but it does serve its purpose for those handbrakes. It also has a footbrake on each rear wheel, but hers are 8 inch in the front and giant bicycle wheels in the back.

it has two handles on either side of the seat and folds right up. My dad picks it right up and throws it in the backend of the car for her and I just toss it in the back end of the truck. I have a cover on the truck, so no matter the weather, it stays dry.

She can do a few steps on her own still, but really needs the wheelchair. Glad you have not gotten to the point my mom has. She also has a chair lift system outside that takes her up most of the stair. My dad is working on getting an elevated system to the chair. I have all the lumber, but I am not good with math when it comes to figuring out the incline on a 31ft from the step where the chair glide is to the carport is, this will eliminate all the stairs in between. Then they are looking extending the chair lift for the next section of stairs as there is a curve that has to installed in the glide system to make a 90 degree turn.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Who knows, you might find a good carpenter that will help you for a 12 pack and a Surf n Turf dinner. Heck, I've worked half a day helping a friend move - 2 trips, for a 6 pack and a ribeye.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

What an amazing trip we had to the DC area. We got back yesterday around 1:00 a.m. did not get to bed till around 3:30 in the morning. Want an amazing experience for my entire family. Still wondering where Sunday went at this point. Went to bed around 3:30 got up around 9:00. Left the house around 9:30 in the morning and never returned until supper time watched a movie with the family went to bed shortly thereafter in the next thing I know I'm up at 3:30 in the morning because the pellets over and out of pellets and the machine need to be cleaned desperately. I don't think our house sitter actually cleaned it all well they were here, but I'm not going to complain considering they did get the entire yard cleaned up of all the snow trees have fallen in the driveway then they managed to keep things going even with the electricity out. I feel so blessed, the vacation was just absolutely wonderful. I did something I always swore I would never do ever again. I went dress shopping with my daughter. I helped her pick out her wedding gown and her veil. I think this is the last time I'll actually ever do that with her so I guess this is the one time and the one experience I was actually looking forward to, well maybe not exactly looking forward to but certainly an experience I will never forget. It was a father-daughter experience that I will never forget nor would I ever want trade it for anything in the world.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Glad to hear that you and the family visited the DC area. Grew-up in Alexandria, VA. I have waded in the reflection pool between the Lincoln memorial and the Washington monument. Been in the Capitol, White House, Ford's Theater, Mount Vernon, every Smithsonian Museum. The Pentagon, Mary Todd Lincoln's girlhood home. So much to see that it literally takes years to soak it all in.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

We went to a couple museums that were not part of the Smithsonian but they were totally worth it. One was the National guard Museum and the other was the National Bible Museum