**URGENT NEWS ABOUT OUR FORUM**

Keep in touch with updates to the forum
Admin1
Site Admin

**URGENT NEWS ABOUT OUR FORUM**

Post by Admin1 »

Hi Gang, it's HiddenHollow (Gary). I wanted to update you about what has been going on behind the scenes with our forum.

The hosting service (prophpbb) we are using recently partnered with a service called Tapatalk - https://www.tapatalk.com/ . I know nothing about them and have no experience with them. Tapatalk is in the process of converting all the the forums previously on prophpbb to Tapatalk, including ours.

It is a radical change from what we currently have. Many of the optimizations I made are gone. The transition is not going smoothly as their customer support and sharing of migration information is very poor.

I have been looking for another hosting service in an attempt to move our forum so as to keep what we currently have. I found one yesterday and took this forum offline so that I could create a backup (copy) of it as it exists today. When I did that, I discovered that Tapatalk either accidentally or intentionally removed my ability to create a backup copy.

I posted my problem and question on the Tapatalk support forum, but have yet to receive a response - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 36664.html

If you want to see what our forum looks like under Tapatalk, here is the link - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/shrvipgarage/

The first problem is that the most recent post is dated back in June when they apparently took a snapshot of our forum.

I've opened this prophpbb forum back up to posting, but I'm unsure when it will be migrated. At some point, it will be replaced with the Tapatalk forum and this one will just go away. I am supposed to get an email when they plan to make the move. When I get it, I will post it in this topic.

At this point I'm kind of stuck until I get some help from Tapatalk support. All of this is out of my control.

I'll keep you updated with any new information.

I'm really sorry for this, but I never saw it coming.
searchers
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Re: **URGENT NEWS ABOUT OUR FORUM**

Post by searchers »

Gary, Thanks for posting that short note that said you were having problems and check back in later. That was much better than just not getting in.

Thanks too for providing this message board to the rest of us.
Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 »

You're welcome.

Just to be clear: Continue using this forum as you have been. But know that at some point it will be migrated over to the new Tapatalk forum. There is no other option at this point. Hopefully Tapatalk will not lose any posts when they complete the migration.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Gary, Thank You for everything! Upon attempting to visit both of the links, I was shown ERROR 502!!!! I'm guessing this site is hostile! - Alan.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

P.S.: Once upon a time, some visionary said that the internet was going to make everyone's life better. IMHO. it makes the greedy richer and reveals them. According to Al Gore, he invented the intranet!!! Do we blame him or Marconi?
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

First question.....How will we sign in?.....I have saved all the points from our game....Are you out any money?
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I too have saved the points from the Cole Position game
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Well I tried to transfer the posting for the race....BUT IT HAS ALOT OF STRANGE THINGS ON IT :s_dunno :s_dunno

The new site has icons that I now nothing about or how to use....... :s_cry I tried everything to erase some of the posting but it is all Greek to me... :s_crazy

So this forum is going to quit.....and Tapa is picking us up?? This is crazy...
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by awsum14 »

Ditto on Danica's game also.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

The initial notification email I got was not worded very clearly, but I found out a little more info by reading the Tapatalk support site.

The link I posted to our "new" site was only meant to be a sneak peek what our site will look like when migrated, AT THAT POINT IN TIME (JUNE). When they actually migrate our site, it will (should) be current at the point they migrate it.

But, you are smart to copy the current points just in case something goes wrong.

You should be able to sign into that sample forum with your current ID and password. I was able to with no problem.

Like Annalee, feel free to login and mess around with posting & editing. It is only a copy of our forum as it was back in June so you can't hurt or destroy anything.

No I'm not out any money (thanks for asking).

Alen - I'm not sure why you are getting the 502 error. What kind of PC/tablet/mobile device and web browser are you using? What about antivirus software?
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image