The thoughts and prayer thread

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: The thoughts and prayer thread

Post by beaverpond »

Been a long couple of days, but we made it through.

There was a short time of panic when they called me and my dad up from the cafe with no explanation, but he went in to see the doctors and everything was okay. He got to see my mom after the surgery. He stayed with her until we were ready to leave. I stayed out in the waiting room the entire time. I was the text message guy, messaging my sister and brother as well as our pastor and a very close friend and my wife and daughter.

At first they were not going to let me stay there with my dad, but the surgeon came out and said who wheeled her up here. Security said, the son did, then they said but there is a limit of one family member per patient and the surgeon said the son is also here for his father if something goes wrong and dad is not capable of driving himself home. So he stays here with his dad. The son is here for both his mom and his dad. If this is going to be a problem then we can take this up later. At that point it was dropped.

They ran a few tests before the surgery and things were worse than expected and they had to biopsy the liver with the smallest gauge need available to them. As much as we opposed this idea, they said it was the only thing they could do to really do find out where it all started from. They talked about any possible side effects and possible issues that could arise and what to do. So far the only thing she is struggling with is nausea and pain. She is not sure if the pain is from the surgery or the cancer or both. I am not going to try and figure this out, I am just putting this in God's hands and ask for his assistance in this.

My mom is now home resting and is under the care of my dad. I live just a few miles away and if they need me all they have to do is call. I do call a couple of times a day just to see if there is anything I can do.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Sending many thoughts and prayers this morning for ALL affected by the mass shootings in Lewiston, ME.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

all hospitals were put into lockdown throughout ME and NH

The shooter is a former weapons training officer of the Maine Army National Guard who was just discharged, all of Androscoggin County is in lockdown, including many businesses and schools closed in that county, all schools in the state on high alert. Which means once the students and staff enter the building, no body leaves the building until the end of the day. The elementary schools have indoor recess. All doors lock from the inside and people must be buzzed in and must show ID to enter. If your child must leave early for any reason, don't send them on a day like this. But all doctors offices and hospitals are not seeing patients or accepting patients at this point. People are to shelter in place. All surgeries cancelled. Those shooting victims who were injured and there were more than 50 injured were sent to two area hospitals and once stabilized, were sent by LifeFlight or ambulance to other area hospitals in the states. We have 7 LifeFlight helicopters, on a day like this it is not enough. The National Guard of Maine, NH, VT, MA have been ordered to send in their helicopters to aid in transport of victims to other area hospitals as far way as North Conway NH and Portsmouth NH for out of state and as far north as Bangor ME.

For law enforcement assistance...we are getting help NH, MA, VT, FBI, Secret Service as they have an office in ME, and every law enforcement agency in Maine who has available personnel. We are going to close this state up so tight, this guy won't be able move. Once all hospital transports are done, all military, police, fire, game wardens, etc...will use planes and helicopters to aid in searching for this guy from the sky.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Beav are you close to this shooting?…Stay inside and lock your doors…...Why the Army didn’t get him more help..I don’t know…Maybe if he used the wrong pronouns they would have helped him…This is so sad …I am sure some of the deceased are children..My heart breaks for these people…This world has gone stark ravening mad….God help us all…
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I know that Lewiston is an hour and a half drive from Beav's hometown - sar it on a map.
Sometimes the military discharges damaged goods and they turn them loose to run amok. Lack of funding ties their hands when it comes to treating warriors with PTSD and other mental illnesses.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

OH MY MISTAKE...He is still enlisted and still carries his active duty military ID and can get onto military bases in Maine as he is an active duty reservist. All Maine Army National Guard Bases, Coast Guard Stations, and Maine Air National Guard Bases have gone into lockdown. All these military bases have more than doubled their security personnel at their gates with armed officers. All entry points to these bases, you must show your ID regardless of who you are.

Well now, this changes things ever so slightly.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

As for children...there was one child who was injured and that was it. She had a bullet that grazed her leg and nothing more. No other victims were children that I am hearing so far. Eight people died at the shooting at the bar. Five people died at the restaurant. And three more died from their injuries at the local hospitals. Thirteen were taken to local hospitals for injuries. I know that is only 16 and the news is saying 18 and some are saying 22. But things are always changing. This is all I know at the moment.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

McGuire AFB shut down..Active shooter…
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I just got the same notification from my nephew moments ago and all military bases are going into heightened levels of alertness after last night and now this because he could have gotten from ME to NJ in that period of time and because he could be carrying his military IDs, he could have gotten onto a military base. Now we wait and see.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Why can’t they release the victims list…They can only identify 8 of the deceased?!?…There was a son 14 and his father who died…They spent the whole day yesterday at the family residence…..Came up with nothing…They have to understand that this guy is a highly trained survivalist, avid fisherman and highly trained gun marksman with mental issues…The woods in Maine are dense, and he knows them…I think he left clues to throw the police off..This isn’t going well…I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t in Canada..