Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: The thoughts and prayer thread

Post by beaverpond »

Does it ever end.

This time Lilbeaver.

She was out shopping with friends and collapsed in a store in a nearby town. She was suffering from chest pain, dizziness, and then passed out. Keep in mind she is only 17.

She was rushed to the local hospital which is in the town where we live. So her mother and I met her at the hospital and they ran all kinds of tests. Most everything came back normal except for low blood pressure like really low, low magnesium levels and low potassium levels.

Because three ambulances arrived within just minutes of each other and eight walk-ins came into the ER. This was a busy afternoon for a very rural hospital.

They would not allow me into the hospital as only one visitor per patient so the one thing that kept popping up was there a family history of cardiac issues in young people. So I went out and started making phone calls. My dad's side I am all too familiar with. My mom's side is kind of mystery. So I started calling every sister and brother. Got some very interesting info. As it turns out, there is a long history of it.

So we have to get echocardiogram done and they said it would be hours before she could get one done and we have to make an appt with her doctor anyway and that they do have technology to do it.

So yes, please keep her in your prayers. She is currently on meds for potassium and magnesium to raise those levels over the next level. As for the chest pains, they are letting her doctor do that one in a week when they do blood levels again.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

I had the same thing when I was young…..My blood pressure was very low, and I was very thin….Cure….Dark chocolate, bananas, guacamole or just plain avocado, nuts, and leafy greens…I couldn’t take magnesium and potassium supplements because of stomach upset…….Never had chest pains……I was into everything and burning the candle at both ends and not eating properly….Had to slow down, not an easy thing for a young girl…..
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

UPDATE:

It is not her heart, it is skeletal...Praise God.

It is from overdoing things at work. She has bruised some of her skeletal structure by lifting more than her body is capable of and has bruised some of her skeletal structure in the upper part of her body.

She has been ordered to bed rest for a couple of weeks so her body can heel. She has a medication, heating pad, and no heavy lifting for a month. She is supposed to use a full body support brace, not sure what this is, but will look it up as she likes to a lot of heavy lifting around the house.

Of course not getting enough to drink when out with friends and not eating enough of the right foods also does not help. The doctor wants her to have a multivitamin after she is done this medication.

Most of the foods you mention she has allergies to, but can have have bananas, leafy greens, and pumpkin kernels. Pumpkin is not high in magnesium but the kernels are, go figure.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Pepitas..I still eat them…I was a cheerleader, Pom Pom girl, Vice President of my senior class, debate club, etc., etc,…Way to much activity…..Hope she feels better soon..
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Thank you

In God's time, she will
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Beav, I continue to send prayers for your family. You and your wife seem to be the backbone and you are in my prayers constantly.
I pray for her and you to be strong for the family.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

thank you for the prayers everyone, we appreciate them
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Droughts, floods, wildfires, locusts, famine, disease, earthquakes, severe weather, etc :s_cry ...Pray for mankind. - Alan.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Been thinking about my Poppa ever since I awoke. This would have been his 89th birthday. Born 9 - 9 -33. He passed this year on my birthday.
1 - 3 - 59.
Always let the people you love, know that you love them.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Bad and good news, I guess. The bad, My dear cousin Rob had his foot amputated this morning.
The good, my young neighbor informed me that his wife and him were expecting!