The thoughts and prayer thread

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: The thoughts and prayer thread

Post by beaverpond »

It has been a long weekend. My sister and I have been sharing back and forth. Her husband lost his sister this afternoon. She had a rare form of shingles virus. It started on the back of her neck, came around to her face, went inside her mouth, got into her blood stream, then paralyzed her, then started to cause her brain stem to start to deteriorate. This morning there was no pupil movement. They did a brain scan for any brainwave activity, and as they suspected, there was not any. She battled a high grade fever last night. They had to put her on a ventilator yesterday because her oxygen levels were down and dropping as she was losing the ability to breathe on her own.

All her siblings, her mom, and her kids were with her when she passed and went home to be with our Lord. We know this because of the life she led. She was a pastor's wife. She was young, in my opinion, as she was 50. She was one of a set of quadruplets.

She lived in Florida. I know the shingles virus can be nasty, but nothing like this have I ever heard of.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

My prayers go out to her family and friends. I pray that they understand the good Lord has taken her to a place where she no longer endures pain and suffering - Alan.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I am asking for prayer for my mom as it has been a very rough week. Both ports have been leaking that she uses for dialysis, including on her off days, although very minor on her off days, but enough that it makes her very weak and she has a hard time moving around. So she has been laying low and quiet up until she has to go in for dialysis on her three days a week. As to which those days have been very rough because getting them to close and to stop the bleeding has not been easy. But Friday was the worst as they were not aware at first that she was losing blood all over her clothing until they noticed it on the floor and it was not coming from the machine. She normally is done in four hours. It took them closer to five hours because they were trying to stop the bleeding and obviously could not let her leave until they did. She is even weaker now. Of course they never even told me of the events of yesterday until today as I would have met them at the house. I have been told day by day of everything else. Just spoke to my mom and she says that she is able to walk around a little and able to fold some laundry...as she says, it is the little things in life, if I can sit and do something and feel like I accomplished something, then all is good for now. She said this is the most she has done in a few days.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Prayers sent. I hope that something gives her a reason to smile everyday - Alan.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Sorry to hear about your Mom…Why wasn’t there some one in her room while she is on dialysis?…Every time I had to take my friend, she had some one in the room during the treatment so this wouldn’t happen…Prayers for her recovery…
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

There was, but I am not sure why and she has been having issues all week long, even at home. Sounds like whatever the issue is, they got it fixed on Friday night because neither one is leaking this weekend.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Thank you, that is good news.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Humbly praying for these senseless acts of violence to stop. All I know to do is love and care about mankind...and pray for peace and goodwill.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those involved.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Pray for my Momma. My sister is gonna take her to the doctor. Blood in her stool.
I have to keep watch over a 10 and 15 year-old pair. Charging all our phones.