HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Post by beaverpond »

Thing is in Maine...the defund the police movement failed miserably as every police department in the state that I am aware of got an increase in their budget...everything from hiring of more officers, pay increases, more equipment, more training, newer equipment, newer technology they did not have before or replacing outdated technology...you want see a bunch of left handed wingnuts have a hissy fit, you should have been here.

You think about it, you look at so many states around our country and you hear nothing about how the police went postal on someone. It is just the rare occurrence and even then when we do hear about it, it is plastered all over the news everywhere for weeks on end making all police to be this way and anyone with any decent amount of common sense knows this not to be true. We have close to 1 million law enforcement officers in this country. How many to we hear about losing it on someone, a very small portion of that. Yes, there are some bad apples, every career has them no matter what career you look at. Eventually they get found out, some get publicized about in a massive way for weeks on end and some we never hear about.

I am just glad to see that this defund the police movement is not working in all areas of the country. I did just find a story in Maine where a police department was defunded, but they brought in the local Sheriff's Department to patrol the town and they are doing it with more deputies than the town could afford to hire on their own plus keep up with all the training and equipment costs and the Sheriff's Department is doing this for less money. The Sheriff's Department hired on the officers from this town and also added a couple of their own deputies to the town for patrol. They went from a town of six officers to a town of eight deputies This is what I call a presence compared to before. They work four days on three days off in twelve hour shifts. There is talk of adding two more deputies as the citizens want to increase the police presence for when someone has to make a run to county with a prisoner. They also want the shifts to be more staggered on these 12 hour shifts so they are not all coming on and going off at the same time. In other words 6am-6pm, 10am-10pm, 6pm-6am, 10pm-10am
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I have the utmost respect for our Law Enforcement force. Men and Women that are dedicated to keep us safe. From ourselves or others.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

as someone who has been there and done that...I never envy the officer who is put in the position of suicide by cop because the victim can't kill themselves but can put others' lives in danger
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and it is still coming down and the wind is blowing between 30-40

Up on Mount Washington they hit 121mph a couple of hours ago.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I wish I knew how to stop the senseless fire-arms attacks that keep happening over and over again. Support your law enforcement officers and stand-up for your second amendment rights.
An un-armed populace is a vulnerable populace!
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Move to Maine or Vermont, more fire-arms than citizens. Same to be said about Montana and Wyoming.

Makes one wonder if there is a correlation between states not having a nascar track but having a butt load of fire-arms. Nascar does not want to mess with the people in these states...not woke enough for their taste.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

You can have all the firearms you want here in SC. I just got grandfathered a handful. Do you know anyone that likes vintage rifles?
I would trade three of these for a 44 magnum revolver.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Music is so strong. I was playing Felize Navidad with my new amigo Juan at 10 this morning.
The landscapers were on break and he liked the looks of my guitars. I let him hold my Yamaha classical and I picked-up my Fender acoustic bass. The next five minutes are priceless. We shared smiles and a wink and a fist-bump. Who needs guns?
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

I am so very worried about our country….When title 42 drops, on Thursday millions will flood our borders…And these people are not the finest….They are from the jails in Venezuela …God help us all…
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Pouring here since around nine.