HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Post by Annalee »

So sorry to hear about Uncle Beaver….may he rest in peace….Alenigma-somnambulisms runs in families…A neighbor has it and they found him outside about a half a mile away….They have installed alarms to notify the family if he should leave the premises….Take care all.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I got my 4th "Hello Grandpa" call yesterday. The nerve of some of these sorry scammers! I don't have any kids, so I know I don't have any Grands. I try my best to not send ill wishes to people...I know that, in time, the Lord will help them see and understand the wrongs they are causing. If this scam wasn't working, it would stop. I feel for other seniors that have been taken by this BS.
P.S.: I'm gonna have fun with the next little bastidge that tries this!
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

This is my Dad’s story..My nephew used his story make a T-shirt in order to raise money for Gary Sinise charity for Disabled Veterans….It is a great story of survival…Wanted to share…

Today is the 80th Anniversary of a dark day in the Alexander Family... on 23 June 1943 Lt. Alexander was on a mission with his P-38 Lightning “Swoose” when his group encountered Nazi BF-109’s over Sicily...
Unfortunately in the ensuing dogfight the “Swoose”was shot down and Lt Alexander was captured.
After being interrogated, he was shipped off to Zagan, Poland to be detained in the infamous Stalag Luft III Prisoner of War Camp.
While Lt. Alexander was encouraged by his Nazi Guards to “sit out the war”, he had other plans…
Lt. Alexander, eager to do his part and wanting his freedom, assisted with the Great Escape of World War II… which inspired the famous 1963 film “The Great Escape”.
In the dark hours of 24 March 1944, the largest escape attempt occurred. The goal was to get 250 POWs freed… unfortunately only 76 escaped.
Outraged by this brazen and bold escape, Hermann Goering ordered that 50 of the Allied Airmen escapees be shot and murdered... an order that would comeback to haunt Goering in the Nuremberg Trials.
Lt. Alexander thankfully had not been able to escape that night and was moved to the adjacent American compound. Upon learning of the murder of the 50 Allied Airmen and deteriorating conditions, fearful that the Nazi’s would murder the prisoners before surrendering to the Allied Forces, MORE tunnels were dug and MORE escapes organized…
As the Nazi regime collapsed, the POW’s were placed on forced marches in the 1945 February snow and freezing conditions towards Bavaria, where Goering would attempt to take control of Nazi Germany… where more Allied POW’s died of exposure and starvation on the march.
Salvation came on 29 April 1945 when the 14th Armored Division liberated Lt. Alexander and over 100,000 Prisoners from various camps had been corralled into the Stalag III camp of Moosberg Germany.
Lt. Alexander returned back to California to his wife and started a family. He remained in the US Air Force, and flew in the Korean War.…
The drawing below was made by Lt. Alexander in his POW Logbook… Lt. Alexander passed away on 2 September 1987...
This image was the inspiration for the original artwork of Bella Moto Imports charity shirts for the Gary Sinise Foundation at https://www.bonfire.com/store/bella-moto-imports/
#WWII #prisonerofwar #greatescape #stevemcqueen
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Our president makes the US the laughing stock of the world. Kamala would only make US look worse!
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

https://ring.com/share/b57adbad-6544-43 ... 89fa166747

We all know how I love snow. Look what showed up on the camera system last night and you can see a slight bit of ground cover. It did not last as by 5am it was all gone.

My daughter was ecstatic and I think it is just a wee bit early, but what do I know. God is in control and if he decides it is time for snow, then snow we shall have.

All I can say is this, I am in the market for a new pickup and just can't find that right deal yet.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Well, it is September 1st and on August 31st it happened...Mount Washington saw its first SNOW of the season...It was 72 in the valley and 28 up at the higher elevations where it was snowing. Even I have to say, I don't think I am ready for this.

MY NEW TRUCK WON"T BE READY UNTIL TUESDAY...TUESDAY, LORD, TUESDAY. ARE FIRING A WARNING SHOT ACROSS MY BOW. I AM NOT READY, MY TRUCK IS NOT READY, PLEASE LORD NO MORE GAMES.

I bought a Chevy Colorado Z71 with the towing package, 3.6 liter V6, 308hp, bedliner, tonneau cover, weather tech floor liners, leather seats, step bar, 7000lb towing capacity which beats what all their SUVs can haul from I have been reading, and a whole lot more
Smoke14Wins
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by Smoke14Wins »

Long time since I've written. I have lost dad 2 yrs ago. I lost mom a few days before Thanksgiving this past Nov. I guess I have been put in a depression state & still trying to shake it off. I know they are in a better place, but I miss them so much, mom was my rock. I still have so much to do still & having a hard time letting go. I just feel like getting rid of stuff is like I'm trying to get rid of memories of them. I'm keeping some stuff, but still, it makes me feel like I'm trying to get rid of them by getting rid of stuff & all. Stupid I guess, but that's how I feel. I even had the tax person file for an extension on taxes & I have about a month left to get it done. I just need to get things done.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I totally get what you're saying and going through. We went through a lot of the same stuff when my father-in-law passed a few years ago and he was living with us. We had a lot of his stuff and my mother-in-law's put into storage thinking we will get to it one day. Because she is living in an assisted living facility, we knew she was not going to get it in there. So after he passed and paying the storage fee month in and month out, we knew we had to do something about this stuff. So we went through it one piece and box at a time until we could get into a much smaller unit. Then when we had to move out before finding a new place of our own, we got the largest unit possible combining their stuff with ours and then loaded up what we could onto our utility trailer and backed that into a second unit. That was what I called the hook up and haul out once we closed on the house....My wife's uncle passed yesterday. This now makes four aunts and uncles in ten months. I fear my mom is next with cancer throughout her entire body.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

My prayers and sympathy for you both. We too have a house full of memories and, yes, it IS hard to let go or even think about it.
Things are just things but some have priceless memories attached. Shoes and wardrobe were pretty easy to donate to the local VA.
Some items like old firearms and fishing gear...somebody wants them but doesn't want to pay fair to take them from my closet and store them in their closet. I still have the Fauci Flu so I may not be in my right mind. Let's keep in touch for ideas. - Alan.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Went to Wal Greens to get momma's meds. What kind of an a$$ hole designs a drug store where the door is on one end and the pharmacy is on the opposite end? They never fill my scripts at the drive-thru and ask me to bring paperwork to the pharmacy counter.
I ask who is gonna wheel me back there and they act as if I'm crazy. Idiots like that are gonna make me snap and you'll read about it in the papers!