The thoughts and prayer thread

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: The thoughts and prayer thread

Post by awsum14 »

:s_dunno National Lost Sock Memorial Day :s_cry May they Rest in Peace.

Please take a moment from your day to say a prayer for the MIL (missing in laundry)
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by awsum14 »

Thoughts and Prayers to Aric Armirola and his family
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

[
Annalee wrote:Thanks so much for your help...much appreciated....Just found out my 1st cousin Jim is at NIH in Bethesda Maryland,and he has been diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and they are looking for bone marrow transplants...I went today to see if I could help, time will tell...He is at the very best hospital there is, so I am hopeful....But his Dad died from something very similar...Keep your fingers crossed...Again Thanks

Some very sad news...My cousin died last night....He put up such a courageous battle and always so upbeat...He was a brilliant man...An Astrophysicist who worked for NASA.....his Doctrate was on Electromagnetic pull between Binary Stars...
It is a very sad day for me....
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Mrs HH & I want to extend our deepest sympathies to you and your family. We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts & prayers.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

We are so sorry Annalee, our prayers are with you and your family.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Thank you for all the kind words.. His time on earth was well spent, I guess God needed someone of his caliber to keep the Heaven bright and the Stars twinkling....
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jdpirate »

Annalee, Sorry to hear about your cousin's passing :cry: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Thank you JD....
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

A very dear friend of mine was in a bad auto accident late last night. He was in a construction zone at a dead stop on Interstate 495 in MA when a 21 year old girl rammed him from behind causing him to ram the vehicle in front of him, thing is she hit him so hard that he slid more than 10 feet and hit that car and that car in front of him also slid more than 10 feet and hit the car in front of her. Fortunately for all of them this was witnessed by a MA State Trooper. All he was thinking was she ain't stopping, then realized that she ain't going to be able to stop in time, then he cringed when he saw the wreck take place. This 21 year old girl was talking on her cell phone and driving her Mom's brand new Mercedes SUV which still had its temporary plates on it. Her father came to the scene of the accident and was extremely apologetic and as my friend said to him, you have nothing to apologize for...your daughter on the other hand should be and she would not speak to any of the other drivers. Turns out she is still on Mommy and Daddy's insurance policy, thinking this will change now that they will be paying to fix three other vehicles not including their own, plus medical bills and possible law suits.

My friend is in some pain today, she hit him doing more than 40 mph. Just a lot of bumps and bruises.

He called me right after talking to his wife last night. I was his second call, that is when you know you are good friends. It was almost 10:30pm when he called me the first time. They only charged the girl with operating in an unsafe manner and speeding which will carry a hefty fine as this was a construction zone at the time of the crash.

While this could have been so much worse for all involved, the financial aspect will be felt for quite some time to come for the 21 year olds family. My friend is a former VA State Trooper. He and the MA State Trooper had a conversation with the father of this girl about how his daughter needs to stand on her own two feet when it comes to her responsibility in this and that includes getting her own insurance policy and having her pay for it and getting a job instead of just relaxing around the house just because she is home from college.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

Thank goodness, that could have been so much worse...hope your friend feels better soon.