Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

All things Danica
intomidator
Race Fan
Race Fan

Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

Post by intomidator »

Danica Patrick announced Tuesday afternoon that she will not return to Stewart-Haas Racing in 2018.

Her full statement, which was posted on her Facebook page:

“It has been my honor to drive for Tony Stewart, Gene Haas and everyone at Stewart-Haas Racing for the past six seasons. Together we earned a Daytona 500 pole, seven top-10 finishes and we also had some exciting racing along the way. My time driving for them, however, has come to an end due to a new sponsorship arrangement in 2018. Sponsorship plays a vital role in our sport, and I have been very fortunate over the course of my career, but this year threw us for a curve. Our amazing partners, such as Aspen Dental and Code 3, stepped up in a big way on short notice this year and I am incredibly grateful.

“I wish SHR the best of luck with their new sponsorship and driver. Thanks for the memories. Right now, my focus is on the remainder of the 2017 season and finishing the year strong. I have the utmost faith in myself and those around me, and feel confident about my future.”

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/ ... as-racing/
Everybody is welcome to their own opinions but not their own facts.
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

Post by Annalee »

I wonder if she will race for someone else....she has such a large fan base of younger people, I just can't think why NASCAR wouldn't use her in some capacity.....If they don't grow this fan base .....They will be shutting the doors much earlier.... :s_omg
blue oval_4
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan

Post by blue oval_4 »

IDK, wth a multitude of young drivers entering the Cup Series and Xfinity Series, :s_dunno I don't think her fans, if she leaves altogether, will have a rough time finding another driver to cheer for. When Dale, sr. passed, :s_cry I almost stopped watching Nascar but Kevin changed tht! :s_thumbsup
man cannot live by bread alone...He must have beer and Beer Never Broke My ❤️
intomidator
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by intomidator »

Why wouldn't NASCAR use her in some capacity?

I think primarily because she has made it clear what she wants: She wants to be in Cup only (no lesser series), on a major team and be competitive. NASCAR cannot offer that to her.

To my knowledge, at this point Patrick hasn't (at least publicly) demonstrated any interest in staying in the series beyond the very limited set of criteria she has enumerated.

In fact, the one thing that she has seemed most enthusiastic about is to have a cooking show. Fox Sports is in love with her so perhaps they could make that happen (I'm looking forward to the Smithfield sponsored segment "Healthy Eatin' With Bacon" - sub-title "WHY DID YOU TAKE MY RIDE?").
Everybody is welcome to their own opinions but not their own facts.