Who's gonna fill the #10 seat in '18?

All things Danica
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Re: Who's gonna fill the #10 seat in '18?

Post by jdpirate »

True, Annalee,,,back problems are tricky ( I should know :cry: )

Some people mesh with teams/organizations and others don't. Remember Joey Logano and JGR? Look how it's turned out for him since he left and went to Penske. It is amazing how an organization change can make that much of a difference.
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jdpirate »

Her language on her in-car radio and berating fans (June 12, 2017 for example - http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nascar- ... ying-video) is off putting to both potential sponsors and fans. She appears to be just as angry as she always has been going all the way back to her karting days.

Seriously? Her language on in-car is no worse than most of the other drivers out there.
Some fans are so rude. She's human and standing up for herself.
She has a lot of fans and followers...
Sponsors? Not as easy to come by as there were in the flush days....look at the number of teams sharing sponsors or even looking for them.
intomidator
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by intomidator »

Whether you accept it or not "in-car radio and berating fans" is off putting to both potential sponsors and fans.

Comparing Patrick to other drivers doesn't make her less guilty.

Take a moment and pretend I made the same remarks about Kyle Busch and get back to me with your defense of him.
Some fans are not only rude they also get really defensive when the facts are spoken.
Everybody is welcome to their own opinions but not their own facts.
PattyKay
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by PattyKay »

Sorry! Carl Haas is IndyCar. I'm old! I confuse easily. I didn't mean he should fund a 5th car. I was talking about the #10. That driver will be the choice of Smithfield, and I suspect it's already been made without consulting any of us. Funny how that happens, isn't it? :s_laughat
blue oval_4
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan

Post by blue oval_4 »

2018 FREE AGENTS DENY MOVES TO SHR LEAVING ARIC ALMIROLA AS DANICA PATRICK'S LIKELY REPLACEMENT
Aric Almirola

By Joe Rodgers at ESPN.com

September 13, 2017 10:05pm EDT

Smithfield Foods announced Tuesday it was leaving Richard Petty Motorsports and joining Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) as a primary sponsor, leaving Danica Patrick and Aric Almirola without a ride for next season.

While Smithfield Foods will make the move to SHR, it appears Almirola will too, but that doesn't mean they'll be paired together like they have been the past six seasons at Richard Petty Motorsports.

Pending free agents Matt Kenseth and Kasey Kahne told reporters Wednesday they were not replacing Patrick in the No. 10 car, leaving Almirola as the likely replacement driver in 2018, ESPN.com notes.

SHR is in a bit of limbo sponsor-wise for next season. While the team didn't pick up Kurt Busch's 2018 option, it expects him back, hopefully with Monster Energy as the sponsor of the No. 41 team. Clint Bowyer still needs a primary sponsor, giving Smithfield Foods possibly three drivers to chose from.

With Almirola moving on, Darrell Wallace Jr. is expected to drive the No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports car next season. Patrick's future in NASCAR remains unclear.

Patrick never won in the No. 10 car at SHR, leading 64 laps with seven top-10 finishes in just under five full seasons. Almirola hasn't fared much better, recording one win in 234 Cup Series but does have a better average finish than Patrick this season (19.6).
man cannot live by bread alone...He must have beer and Beer Never Broke My ❤️
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jdpirate »

PattyKay wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:49 am Sorry! Carl Haas is IndyCar. I'm old! I confuse easily. I didn't mean he should fund a 5th car. I was talking about the #10. That driver will be the choice of Smithfield, and I suspect it's already been made without consulting any of us. Funny how that happens, isn't it? :s_laughat
No worries! It's easy to get the 2 Haas' mixed up ;)

Oh, I'm sure it has all been decided or close to it and waiting for "the ink to dry" so to speak.

Aric Almirola has a press conference scheduled for today...so maybe that will answer some questions.
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jdpirate »

intomidator wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:43 am Whether you accept it or not "in-car radio and berating fans" is off putting to both potential sponsors and fans.

Take a moment and pretend I made the same remarks about Kyle Busch and get back to me with your defense of him.
Some fans are not only rude they also get really defensive when the facts are spoken.
I was stating the fact that other drivers are even worse on the in-car.

Some fans are not only rude they also get really defensive when the facts are spoken.....

If you are saying I was being rude and or defensive...you are mistaken. Only speaking my mind as everyone else is...slightly tired of the belittling that has happened since she came to NASCAR. I give her kudos for being a female in a male dominated sport. It's tough to do that and sure, she probably gets upset some time...
I follow Danica only because she is in NASCAR... not what you may call a huge "fan" of hers.

Take a moment and pretend I made the same remarks about Kyle Busch and get back to me with your defense of him....
He is way more abusive to everyone than she is....so, no, I won't be defending him too often.
PattyKay
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by PattyKay »

Just noticed your location says Webster NY. I'm from Hilton! (Rottenchester originally) Cut my racing teeth at Spencer Speedway when it was still dirt!
Hi Neighbor!! :s_thumbsup :s_roses
intomidator
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by intomidator »

jdpirate wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:33 pm
intomidator wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:43 am Whether you accept it or not "in-car radio and berating fans" is off putting to both potential sponsors and fans.

I was stating the fact that other drivers are even worse on the in-car.

Some fans are not only rude they also get really defensive when the facts are spoken.....

If you are saying I was being rude and or defensive...you are mistaken. Only speaking my mind as everyone else is...slightly tired of the belittling that has happened since she came to NASCAR. I give her kudos for being a female in a male dominated sport. It's tough to do that and sure, she probably gets upset some time...
I follow Danica only because she is in NASCAR... not what you may call a huge "fan" of hers.

Take a moment and pretend I made the same remarks about Kyle Busch and get back to me with your defense of him....
He is way more abusive to everyone than she is....so, no, I won't be defending him too often.
Many Danica fans applaud what a wonderful role model she is for little girls and in the same breath defend her potty mouth. Go figure.
Everybody is welcome to their own opinions but not their own facts.
jdpirate
Big Race Fan
Big Race Fan

Post by jdpirate »

PattyKay wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:39 pm Just noticed your location says Webster NY. I'm from Hilton! (Rottenchester originally) Cut my racing teeth at Spencer Speedway when it was still dirt!
Hi Neighbor!! :s_thumbsup :s_roses
Hi neighbor! :s_thumbsup ;) :D
I'm a transplant (in 1975) to the Rochester area...grew up in the Thousand Islands area (Clayton). Lived in Greece off and on then Rochester after I bought a house...sold it and moved to Webster last year. Worked at the yellow box (Kodak) for 36 1/2 years. Spencer was paved by the time I visited there. I watched dirt and paved racing up in the TI area. Lost track when I moved then later followed some until I went to The Glen...then I was off to follow the "big guys" :)