Kevin talks what makes one successful

All things Kevin
blue oval_4
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan

Kevin talks what makes one successful

Post by blue oval_4 »

https://www.octane-news.com/post/harvic ... r-industry

Kevin Harvick knows all that it takes to make it in the Cup series. And at 44, he is still going strong with career-best nine wins in the 2020 season.

So, when a guy of his caliber suggests something to the young racers, it must be very important. And his suggestion is to focus solely on the performances on the track.

“I think that’s the one thing that I try to explain to all the younger racers. An extra 100,000 people on Twitter isn’t going to make you stick around (the sport) longer,” Harvick said.

“Performance on the race track is really the bread and butter of what we do and no matter if you have a funny personality or you have a famous last name it doesn’t matter.

“In the end, Danica Patrick is probably the best example that I can think of that, is just the fact of having the results on the race track.”

Patrick had a good fan base when she transitioned from IndyCar to fulltime NASCAR racing in 2013. However, her performances on the track did not justify her position in the series as she could only record seven top-10 finishes in 191 starts.

As for him, Harvick states that having a team that believes in you is a driving factor to improve your performance.

“I think every week we’ve put a lot of pressure on ourselves to figure out why we didn’t run like we did or why we ran like we did in order to try to continue that trend forward,” Harvick said. “I like what I do.

“I like my team more than anything and that’s really the driving factor in what makes all of this go around is having a team that believes in you, and I have an organization that believes in me and we’ve been fortunate to have a lot of success on the race track.

“Look, in the end it’s the same in every sport. You have to be successful at what you’re doing.”
man cannot live by bread alone...He must have beer and Beer Never Broke My ❤️