Oh ho ho...a new game may be coming

Make your race picks, win prizes, earn bragging rights
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Oh ho ho...a new game may be coming

Post by beaverpond »

I was contacted last night by the company who supplies the prize for the Cole game and when the news broke about Chase Briscoe they sent me an email about wanting to do the same thing for this driver too.

I am not sure how it will work yet or if I will change them both. It will still be a $75 prize for each game as they want to sponsor each driver individually.

This company owns a Ford Lincoln Dealership, is a John Deere Dealer, own an insurance company, own a credit union, own a chain of convenience stores, own a chain of full service gas stations, own a chain of heating oil companies, they also are primary sponsors of two drivers of a local racing circuit up here, they also supply all the gasoline for a local race track.

I remember one time the president of the company, before they got into the racing business as sponsors, asked me what the fascination was with racing and NASCAR. My answer was short and simple...where else can you drive more than 200mph and not get a ticket as well as get into a wreck and in a lot of cases just walk away with just a few scrapes. These cars are built a lot safer than the ones we drive on the streets in our local towns and highways. The following year we had a tradeshow that was NASCAR Themed.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Oh ho ho...a new game may be coming

Post by alenigma »

I hope you thank that company on behalf of the Gang. Having a Cole's Race Game and a Chase's Race Game might seem odd, but, it might work. Make a pick for the Pole, top three and where the 2 SHR cars finish. That may sound confusing but it gives us different odds and different ways to screw ourselves. Or combine the two prizes for Who Beats Who. In which we pick the driver we think will have the better finish...winning pick = 100 points; losing pick = 50 points, pick the race winner = 200 points. I'm sure that would be a lot less complicated for you. Your sponsor may not like the Idea because it isn't keeping the theme of having a separate game.
Just a couple of ideas, Buddy. Anyone else have some thoughts?
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I like the idea that they are so tied into the local racing. The track they have raced at has seen drivers such as Matt Kenseth, Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon, Kevin Harvick, Ricky Craven, Kenny Wallace, Steven Wallace, Geoff Bodine, Brad Keselowski, Terry Labonte, Brett Bodine, Bobby Allison, Darrell Waltrip, Dale Jarrett, Jimmy Spencer, Rusty Wallace, Davey Allison, Morgan Shepard, Todd Bodine, Jeff Burton, Bobby Labonte, Joe Nemechek, Ward Burton, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Trevor Bayne, J.J. Yeley, Tony Stewart and several others. There are about 15 other NASCAR Drivers that have participated at different races over the years starting back in 1967.

With two $75 prizes up for grabs, it might peak interest in more players. Or the interest in the possibility in getting both to the same person depending on how well you do.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Well my second idea may not have been the best one. This will take some thought. Ask lil'beaver, She might have fresh ideas.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

we have a few months to think this through
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Oops gotta go. It's past my bedtime.....
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I'm kinda surprised that no one else wants to weigh-in on this.......Where are your balls, y'all?
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

gone into hibernation until February
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

:like:
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Hey Beav. Chasing Chase, Cussin' Cole, Chase/Cole's chances...the letter "C" needs to be involved. It would be even more fortunate if the sponsor has a "C" in their name. Just thinking on a rainy day - Alan.