Danica Patrick Joining NBC’s Coverage Of Indy 500

All things Danica
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Danica Patrick Joining NBC’s Coverage Of Indy 500

Post by HiddenHollow »

STAMFORD, Conn. – Danica Patrick will join NBC Sports’ inaugural coverage of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge when drivers start their engines for the 103rd iteration of the race on May 26.

The former IndyCar and NASCAR driver will serve as a studio analyst on race day, contributing to NBC Sports’ pre-race, in-race, and post-race coverage alongside host Mike Tirico.

Patrick will also participate in NBC Sports’ coverage of Indy 500 Pole Day on May 19.

A seven-year Indy car veteran, Patrick immediately broke barriers and set numerous records when she joined the circuit in 2005. In just her first season, she became the first woman ever to lead a lap in the Indy 500 on her way to winning Rookie of the Year honors.

In 2008, she became the first woman ever to win an open-wheel race in a major series when she finished first in the Indy Japan 300 at Twin Ring Motegi.

In 2013, Patrick pivoted to NASCAR and became the first woman ever to win the pole for the Daytona 500. Before retiring last season following the Indy 500, Patrick completed the “Danica Double,” racing in both the Daytona 500 and Indy 500 in the same season.

“Danica has a perspective unlike any other driver in the history of motorsports and will be a great addition to our inaugural coverage of the Indy 500,” said Sam Flood, Executive Producer and President, Production, NBC Sports & NBCSN. “She has proven to be as fearless with her opinions and analysis as she was in breaking barriers while racing in the most competitive motorsports circuits in the world.”

“The Indianapolis 500 holds a very special place in my heart,” said Patrick. “The moment I drive into the facility, I’m flooded with positive emotions. I have no doubt it’ll be the same this year when I come back as an analyst. To be on the NBC Sports team with Mike Tirico will be an honor and I look forward to adding my unique perspective. I’ve been in the race eight times, including last year, so I’m familiar with the dynamics within IndyCar after being away for seven years. To me, Indy feels like home!”

In addition to her analyst responsibilities, Patrick will help promote the Indy 500 by appearing across numerous NBCUniversal programs and platforms in the days and weeks leading up to the race.

This won’t be Patrick’s first time as a race analyst. While still an active driver in NASCAR, Patrick gained broadcasting experience by serving as a guest analyst for FOX Sports’ coverage of NASCAR Xfinity Series races at Michigan, Pocono and Talladega.

:arrow: https://speedsport.com/indy/indycar-ser ... polis-500/

Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Danica Patrick Joining NBC’s Coverage Of Indy 500

Post by Annalee »

Good luck to her.... She is perfect for this...And besides that she now has Aaron Rogers...Not a bad life...you go girl :s_thumbsup
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Danica Patrick Joining NBC’s Coverage Of Indy 500

Post by HiddenHollow »

Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image