Ask Ashley Or Brandin

Keep in touch with updates to the forum
Ashley.S.
Race Fan
Race Fan

Re: Ask Ashley Or Brandin

Post by Ashley.S. »

FYI: Google Bot is the crawler that lists the pages on the Google Search Engine. It shouldn't affect users posting...
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly customer rep ]
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Annalee wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:24 pm My question to you, is why are they allowed on here?.....And what else are the learning about the members of this website.....They bring nothing to this forum and they are here spying on us and interfering what we post ...What is it they think they are going to learn from this forum??....It’s racing, not the Nuclear launch pass codes.....If they are wanting to increase their gambling Vegas odds for NASCAR this is not the place, we can’t get our picks right on most weekends...Why ?!?....To use this forum we have to become a member and give our email address...Do you know what they can do with this info...A LOT!!! This makes me very nervous and it should alert the rest of the members....
Do you use Google or other search engines to look for information? I do, all the time. How do you think Google finds that information? By crawling through public websites on the internet reading it's content. That's all the "Bots" do is read. That's how the internet works. You don't have to be signed up as a user to read our forum. Come to our forum and don't log in. You can still read every topic and post on here, but not submit a new post without first signing up. That's what the "Bots" are doing - reading. They can't ready any private information like email addresses, birthdays, etc.

I understand that in this day and age, privacy is a very real concern, but having search engines read public websites exposes no personal data. It's how people who don't know about our website, find our website. The "Bots" are not interfering with anyone's ability to post. If they were, many more people would be complaining and they aren't.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

Annalee wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:25 pm
I do know that when a lot of viewers come on this website, it for some reason interferes with posting.....Beav, Blue oval and I have had problems, so I am not the only one....Also Beav post scores too...When I post scores most of the posts come in at the last minute and it makes my job more difficult, plus there is a time deadline ...It is not my problem as I have a brand new IPad..It does everything except cook dinner....and I don’t have any problems except here....I also know that when the problem occurs is when these Bots are on here...They always show up when I am posting scores.....When they are not on, I don’t have a problem....
We are only trying to help you, @blue oval_4 and @beaverpond with your posting problem. But it seems that no matter what we say, you are convinced that the problem is caused by either the bots/crawlers or the number of people on the website at once (which by the way can handle about 5,000 users simultaneously). I don't know how else to tell you that the problem is NOT caused by either of those things. :s_dunno
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I don't have an issue with the search bots so I don't see them as a real problem at all, have not since day one and I've never had an issue when it comes to posting scores and setting up the next game with them being on the site at the same time so please don't lump me into that because I really don't think that's the issue
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

It could be that when you stop during a post for an interruption or to think of a way to make a point or get side tracked and take a long break, that happens.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
blue oval_4
Huge Race Fan
Huge Race Fan

Post by blue oval_4 »

I will start double checking my posts.
👍🕵🏼‍♂️☮️
man cannot live by bread alone...He must have beer and Beer Never Broke My ❤️
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

blue oval_4 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:36 pm I will start double checking my posts.
👍🕵🏼‍♂️☮️
Thanks. I'll also post your device info to keep it handy:

iPhone 6s on Straight Talk Wireless.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

You can tell what type of device everyone is using?
OK, that is creepy.
I'm not gonna get paranoid like Annalee. I trust you, Ash, and Brandin.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

No. I asked @blue oval_4 and he told me.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Sorry, HH. I said I trust you guys.