You can now kneel during the National Anthem...

Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

You can now kneel during the National Anthem...

Post by Annalee »

:s_mad :s_mad :s_mad What the He!!.....I stopped watching all football because of this...NASCAR have you lost your ever loving minds....Dale Earnhardt just rolled over in his grave...You really have sealed your demise...Stick a fork in it you are done....This is wrong in sooooo many ways.....You honor the military, but mock the flag that so many fought and died for....What a bunch of HYPOCRITES....

THOSE THAT DENY THEIR HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT!

NASCAR has removed guidelines that team members must stand for the national anthem, opening the way for peaceful protests during pre-race ceremonies.

NASCAR eliminated the guidelines before last weekend’s race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. NASCAR official Kirk Price kneeled during the invocation and raised a fist. Price, who served on active duty in the U.S. Army for three years, remained kneeling during the anthem while he saluted the flag.

Bubba Wallace praised Price in an interview this week on CNN.

“If I would have seen it, I would have went there and stood next to him, kneeled next to him because it’s such a powerful move,” said Wallace, the lone black driver competing in NASCAR’s top series. “A man, an incredible man, who has served our country, kneeling down. People think it’s disrespecting the flag and going against our military, and it’s definitely not.

“I was so uneducated what the kneeling meant when it started but now reading about it and what it stands for … and I’m still doing a lot of learning myself, don’t get me wrong, I don’t know everything about what’s going on in the world but that’s what we are trying to deliver the message. Listen and learn to be able to better educate ourselves.”

NASCAR’s change on requirements for team members during the anthem was first reported by Bob Pockrass of Fox Sports. The Cup Series races tonight at Martinsville Speedway (7 p.m. ET, FS1).

Previously, crew chiefs were given a handout at the driver/crew chief meeting that included the following at the bottom of the page:

DRIVERS AND CREW CHIEFS, please advise all your Team members: Conduct during the playing of the National Anthem, taken from the US Flag Code. When the flag is displayed – all persons should face and stand at attention with their right hand over their heart – persons should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart – when the flag is not displayed – all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

That section has been eliminated. The change in policy comes less than three years after two car owners said they were against protest during the national anthem.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: You can now kneel during the National Anthem...

Post by alenigma »

"If You don't love it, leave it."
Let this song that I'm singing be a warning, ....
When you're talkin' down my Country man
you're walkin' on the fightin' side of me.......Merle Haggard.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Thank You Annalee! This political correctness has run amok.
Everyone, (legally) in this country is born with certain unalienable rights to a free education in order to gain employment and have a measured quality of life. That is a blessing that you have when you are born in America. If you don't like the way things are meant to go in America, may I suggest you leave and go to another country....and don't come back!
I could go all political ballistic, but that is not needed here. Gang be aware and above all SAFE!
Annalee
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by Annalee »

My husband was the Commander at Dover AFB...That is where the military mortuary is and every American soldier, airmen,and sailor who died came through the Dover mortuary...I have seen the sacrifice of all the men and women who ultimately gave their lives for our freedom...We met every airplane and I watched the ceremony of taking them off the plane with the casket draped in the American flag....I was there with the grieving families and when there was no family, I represented the mother who couldn’t be there...It was a privilege and an honor....So when these idiots take a knee during the star spangled banner I think of all the brave men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice and it makes my sooooo angry...I wish NASCAR could meet some of these airplanes loaded with flag draped coffins and then they would understand my anger at this stupid ruling.....That is why I use to like NASCAR because they respected the flag, not anymore...
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I went into Fort Jackson today. I thanked the first soldier, who took my temperature, with a laser device....98.6....on the nose! I thanked him for his service to our country and he said thanks.
The next guy scanned my ID card and told me to enjoy Fort Jackson. I also thanked him for his service...etc. I know it may get old to them, but I'll bet they love it.
As a long time dependant, I'm thinking that gate duty is grunt work.
I would have been fired Wednesday. The heat index was 100 DEG.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I have nothing but respect for our U.S Military personnel. Past and present. Even if they ride a desk, they know that their lives could be in peril at any time.