Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Monday

Post by beaverpond »

We are having a heat wave...a tropical heat wave

We hit a -11* ... with feels like of -19*

Spent the morning spreading six buckets of sand on our driveway, did not cover it all, but enough to get by with. It was about 22 gallons of sand which weighed more than I care to think about as it was mixed with rock salt and gravel.

When that was done, I changed out the water filters in our water filtration system which clearly was way overdue.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

You sure are keeping busy, Beav.
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Looks like almost all of North America is in the target zone for this storm system...as of 12:15pm today
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Prepping now for Izzy.. Busy as a...you know!
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I am looking at this and I don't think it gives a true representation of what things are really like. I have to wonder if what some of these clouds are, actually are a type of water vapor because of how cold things are because we have clear blue skies and have most of the morning.

We are not supposed to see clouds moving in until tomorrow and snow does not move in until tomorrow night
awsum14
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by awsum14 »

Goooood Afternoon SHR

It's been awhile but we're still kicking
We lost Awsum20 to Covid Feb.,04 2022. We both caught it together.
She. was at one hospital and I was at a differant one. So I wasn't able to be with her at the time
Things have just been a little crazy since then
Will try to get on more often

Missed all of you1
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I miss you too, Buddy - Alan.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

I am sorry about with passing of Awsum20. We have been there too. We all had it in our house and were forced by our state to shelter in place, we actually had it twice. Second time was not as bad as the first. The first time we had it, we had it for three weeks and I lost more than 35lbs. If there is a bright side for me, it is this, the best weight loss plan there was and I have continued to take off about 15 pounds since then. Again, sorry for the loss of your wife.

My wife lost her dad on June 3, 2020 but the hospital let her be with him after a series of different covid tests and she had to stay right there with him up until he passed. She was there for there for a day. He had been staying with us that prior year+ and suffered a heart attack while with us. If it had not been for the heart attack, the hospital would not have taken him in to see what we were dealing with as he was battling Alzheimer's and dementia. When the hospital saw how bad he was, they thought at first he would recover and tried to get him into different facilities, but on that final day he took a turn for the worse and they realized he only had hours to live and not months or weeks. They kept testing him for covid over and over and I finally had enough and my wife was stressing out about it. So I stepped up by way of a phone call and said no more covid tests. He has tested negative the last five times, he is not going to test any different in the future, so knock it off and they did. He was in a lot of pain because he was struggling to breath and they had him on oxygen higher than any home machine could do hence the reason they knew they could not move him. Not a fun time for our family either.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

awsum14 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:50 pm Goooood Afternoon SHR

It's been awhile but we're still kicking
We lost Awsum20 to Covid Feb.,04 2022. We both caught it together.
She. was at one hospital and I was at a differant one. So I wasn't able to be with her at the time
Things have just been a little crazy since then
Will try to get on more often

Missed all of you1
I am so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I'm sure your life has been a little crazy ever since. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
HiddenHollow
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by HiddenHollow »

beaverpond wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:11 am I am sorry about with passing of Awsum20. We have been there too. We all had it in our house and were forced by our state to shelter in place, we actually had it twice. Second time was not as bad as the first. The first time we had it, we had it for three weeks and I lost more than 35lbs. If there is a bright side for me, it is this, the best weight loss plan there was and I have continued to take off about 15 pounds since then. Again, sorry for the loss of your wife.

My wife lost her dad on June 3, 2020 but the hospital let her be with him after a series of different covid tests and she had to stay right there with him up until he passed. She was there for there for a day. He had been staying with us that prior year+ and suffered a heart attack while with us. If it had not been for the heart attack, the hospital would not have taken him in to see what we were dealing with as he was battling Alzheimer's and dementia. When the hospital saw how bad he was, they thought at first he would recover and tried to get him into different facilities, but on that final day he took a turn for the worse and they realized he only had hours to live and not months or weeks. They kept testing him for covid over and over and I finally had enough and my wife was stressing out about it. So I stepped up by way of a phone call and said no more covid tests. He has tested negative the last five times, he is not going to test any different in the future, so knock it off and they did. He was in a lot of pain because he was struggling to breath and they had him on oxygen higher than any home machine could do hence the reason they knew they could not move him. Not a fun time for our family either.
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your father-in-law 2 years ago. If you posted it before, I missed it. Sounds like your wife have a rough time as he neared the end. Bless her heart.

I guess Mrs HH and I were lucky. Neither one of us caught Covid (knock on wood).