HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Post by alenigma »

On the bright side, she said she was warm and could get to a couple of restaurants and had wi-fi.
She's a Carolina Girl! She's smart, she's tough and I'll see her when she gets back.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

It was not an epic blizzard. Epic would be more than 30 inches. We did not receive anywhere near that and have not received that kind of snow in about a decade, but when we did, we had a few in the same winter that year. It would have been the winter of 13=14.

We have not had a real snowfall anywhere near that in years. Meaning anywhere near 2ft. I was speaking with my cousin who lives in Western VT and they received 24 inches which is the most they have received all winter and the most they have received in one shot in more than a few years. She said they are already all plowed out and the roads are cleared. Kids are back in school. No power at home, sort of as the backup power supply is running...the wind turbines are running. The school is running on backup power as well. As the schools all have generators. There is no reason why school can't be in session on a day like this.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

If you are from SC, a foot of snow is epic. We had 5 inches back in 2013. No mail for 3 days. School closings. Wal Mart down. Global crises!
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

My sister now lives in SC and has for several years. She loves how people get into a panic over a dusting. She drives just like she did when living in Maine...People think she is an idiot. Well me too, but that is besides the point.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

What my 10 year blue eyed blonde headed unbiological daughter created for Grand Prix for this past Friday Night, it got 4th place in design. Her dad died of cancer a year and half ago and while I can never fill his shoes, her uncle and I are doing our best to be that father figure she so desperately needs. I am also her homeschool teacher. So we see each other almost every day too. Grand Prix is our youth program's version of the scouts version of Pinewood Derby

Her father use to race midgets up here and his number was 77, but her favorite driver in Nascar is Kyle Busch. So it is a tribute to Kyle and her dad.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

It almost happened here today at Lake Region High School. It was reported that an unknown juvenile dressed in a black sweatshirt with a black backpack was wondering around the inside of our local high school. State Police and Sheriff's Deputies as well as Bridgton PD were brought in to conduct a search of the school as the school was placed in a lockdown.

The unknown student managed to escape the building and get outside but was located outside on school grounds. He was questioned for a large period of time. It was determined that he was student of another school district. He was also determined to not be a threat to students or staff. He was issued a no trespass order and then later issued a restraining order. He was then released to his guardian.

It was discovered through the investigation that he was admitted into the building by a student of the district. This student is being investigated for not following the student handbook when it comes to having visitors on campus as they must be pre-approved by the administration.

The situation was brought to the attention of the school resource officer by students and staff. The school was immediately placed on lockdown.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Right...so he didn't have explosives or firearms in his backpack. What did he have...Easter candy?
The little bastige should never see the light of day for the rest of his days.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Details have not been released as to what was in it. They're still a lot of unanswered questions. I will be going in for some of those direct answers.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I have been #### at bullies and some teachers, but I was never inspired to take my frustrations out upon them. I took it upon myself to be better than them. In the last twenty years or so, I have seen what they have become and I don't judge.
Judge not lest ye be judged.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Matthew 7:1

You mess with my daughter and then you are messing with me. I had a school administrator harass my daughter as well as some teachers back when she was in 2nd and 3rd grade. If you are dumb enough to mess with a 7 or 8 year old, then there is special place in hell for you. And you get what you deserve when these angry parents find out about it. In my case, other parents saw it taking place and they called me. That school administrator probably never had any idea what was about to march into that school ... an angry papa bear with a massive disgruntled attitude. This was the year we filed every complaint right up to the Board of Education and in the end the superintendent lost her job, not what I wanted but will take it. I once served on that school board. Not sorry to see her gone.

I gained quite a reputation of this is not a person you want to mess with. But because everything was copied to our state and local school district. I felt it was best to lie low while homeschooling my daughter. Need not bring attention to ourselves even though she finished with a 3.9 gpa and 28.5 credits. I did have periodic meetings with the new superintendent and some of his administrative staff as he was cleaning house. Some of them I have gotten to know well.

Now, several years have gone by. Things hit the fan this past fall and I got dragged into things because many administrators were not listening to the families and I knew just how to get their attention. I brought out some of the old dirt and some of the recent dirt. I left out very little, I wanted them all to know I knew where the bodies were buried and some of them were not going to be sitting very comfortably for very long. It might even be wise for some of them to get off that board at the next election.

I also made it known to all families in our district that if they needed a voice and if they felt they were not being listened to they could reach out to me and I will make their voices heard loud and clear. There was at one point when I was not being listened to by some on our school board, big mistake, I took out a large section of the local paper and blasted each of them by name in the editorial section. Then the night before it went to print, as it was already in the online edition, I gave the superintendent a heads up what was about to appear. I told him I was no longer going to put up with the grief of this school board and neither were the families in this district. We elected them to office, they swore to uphold the Constitution of these United States, they get paid for the job they do by the taxpayers of this district, and it is about time they remember where that money comes from. So they better sit up and pay attention.

The following board meeting and several after that, it was a much different atmosphere. Several parents are talking about running for seat and removing those liberal talking heads from office and letting those teachers and administrators know who is in control now. Many on that board are former educators, these are targets that many parents have their eyes set on to remove from the board. Many have said that even if they lose, it will send a clear message...we ain't going to take it anymore...we will keep running until you are all replaced one by one by one. Five are up for re-election and three of them are former educators.