Gasoline Prices

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Re: Gasoline Prices

Post by beaverpond »

In the past week gas prices have gone from $2.2830 to $2.5446, not a good sign.

Locally we are at $3.39
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

I scored a tank of regular for 2.84/gal on my way home from work. Diesel is sky high...almost $4.00/gallon. We use a forced-air heater at the shop that runs on that. My brother found a source of off-road diesel that only costs $2.75/gallon. It is because the shop is so far in the country that most of the patrons use this fuel in tractors and other off-road machinery. We use it for heating the shop.
The high-priced stuff has road taxes added...and the state has yet to fix the roads!
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

If you think that is high then you ought not come to Maine because it is $5.59 in our area, higher is some places and a little lower in other places for diesel. Off road diesel is not much less around here, still around $5 per gallon.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

All those taxes are supposed to fix the roads. How's that working for you?
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

over the last decade we have seen a lot of road and bridge work and with government funding we have seen some work done at our airports, but the airport work is runways that needed replacing as scheduled...15 to 20 year replacement.

When I say road and bridge work, it is state maintained roads and bridges. All local maintained roads and bridges fall under the local municipality rule and get done if it fits in the budget. Also many local municipalities are having to replace and update local water and sewer systems, so roads are getting resurfaced when the project is complete in that area of the town or city.
Smoke14Wins
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by Smoke14Wins »

Been a while since anyone posted here. Currently around me (21 miles area) it ranges from $3.29 to $3.65
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

just in our town alone and there are only three stations it ranges from $3.69 to $3.99

Up until recently they used to be within a couple pennies of each other, but not anymore. And they all get their gasoline and from the same distributor which is the part that is totally messed up and this distributor actually owns two of the stores and they are the two at $3.99 right now which makes zero sense...branded Citgo and Shell, the other one they supply to is branded Irving. All our fuel comes from the Canadian refineries which are owned by Irving out of New Brunswick, so the fuel is not traveling very far.