Hi all

New to the site? Join the fun, say hi to the gang
Venil
Race Fan
Race Fan

Hi all

Post by Venil »

Hi guys, I'm Howard, I live in Charlotte.
How to get into racing??
im 15 and i want to know how to get into it like what class what type of dwarf car and what size plz help.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: Hi all

Post by alenigma »

Hello, Howard. Most drivers start at around 5 or 6 racing go-karts. Then they move-up to quarter midgets or legends cars. If you don't have a silver spoon somewhere....eRacing is the only other venue. I started racing motocross when I was 15. Dad was my sponsor. I have 13 trophies...4 of them are for 1st place.
All along, I kept playing my guitar and learning new stuff.
When dad got tired of financing racing, I got me a job with a rock'n'roll band. I did that for 24 years, but I never quit my day job.
I'll be 61 just after New Years, and I'm happy to still have my parents, anything I wanna eat, and a roof over my head.
...any questions?
Just never race on public roadways...it's dangerous for you, your opponent and everyone else on the road.
Because I live in central SC, I have been to at least 16 races at Darlington. Quite a few at Charlotte and 3 or 4 at Rockingham.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

My little brother pushed me onto an on ramp recently. I;m driving a 2011 Honda Fit Sport and he is driving a 2013 Camry LE. He told me that when my right rear tire lifted off the ground, he had to let me go. He couldn't keep-up with me. My racing background......Don't challenge the little orange Honda. It corners like it's on rails!
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Kinda like a new Hi to Jake's mom. Weren't you a mail carrier in Austin? Had a crush on Chad?