Charity Work

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Charity Work

Post by beaverpond »

As many of you know, I am very involved with our youth program up here and one of their mission projects every year for many years has been Operation Christmas Child.

The past few years we bought some matchbox size (1/64) cars of the 98, 00, 4, 10, 14, and 41. We have also bought some little stuffed animals with their car numbers on them and some with the SHR logo on them. And this is why I love being a Nascar Fan, SHR called me one morning out of the clear blue letting me know they could not complete my order and asked if they could substitute some items. I told them that was fine with me and then what it was all for and when they found out it was for Operation Christmas Child, they tossed in a bunch of extras this past fall.

I tell you that story to tell you this one. Penske Motorsports called me this morning about an order I had placed and that they could not fill it because a lot of the items were sold during their Toys for Tots fundraiser last night. They asked if they could substitute some other 1/64 size cars instead. I told them that would fine, so I am getting some #2, #12, #22, and those of Austin Cindric as well from Xfinity Series. I told them that I am using them for Operation Christmas Child and that we have already filled 60 shoeboxes for next year. When they heard this, they volunteered to toss in a whole bunch more for kids around the world.

Then I made a friend through a friend who loves doing things for Operation Christmas Child and she donated 600 Beanie Babies, all I had to pay was shipping. She shipped them from Arizona.

Another family, meaning the grandparents, kids, nieces, nephews, grandkids, and so on all chipped in to purchase all the Operation Christmas Child plastic shoeboxes, erasers, pencils, crayons, pads of paper, colored pencils, pencil sharpeners, pens, shirts, yo-yos, soap, washcloths, dental floss, decks of cards and had everything sent here for us to fill. This is the 60 shoeboxes.

I feel so blessed to be getting all of this from everyone involved.

If anyone has a contact at RYK or at JGR, I would love to make contact with them and continue to spread the love of Nascar around the world...even if you have a link where I can talk to an actual person, I can take it from there.