HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Re: HOW ARE WE ALL DOING TODAY - JUST BECAUSE WE CARE

Post by alenigma »

I'm glad that you didn't take offense. Stop at a convenience store around here and you have to know English, E-bonics, Espanol, and Buddy.
Let the Next Generation Emerge! :s_bomb
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

Looks like Virginia might get some nasty weather tonight. I hope awsum14 is warm and cozy tonight.
The radar indicated earlier that Martinsville was getting some freezing rain.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

After the winter we have had so far, I would rather have that than the heavy wet snow that is so miserable and heavy to move and that also leaves hundreds of thousands in the dark from the weight of the snow causing trees and limbs to snap and take down utility lines and snap utility poles, depending on the size of the tree that lands on it. It has been a long time since I have seen trees loaded with snow snap utility poles like I have seen this winter.
Smoke14Wins
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by Smoke14Wins »

It was a hard Christmas last time when we lost dad shortly after he had a stroke which left his left side paralyzed. He passed away 6/3.
Then the start of 2022 we all got covid one after the other & mom was last to catch it. She with her dementia refused to go to hospital & she was going down hill fast not eating & hard to breathe. We finally got her to the hospital & she slowly went down hill from there. Spent a month there & then had to go recoup in a nursing home. Then she developed bedsores on her heels & sometimes butt because she couldn't get out of bed. She couldn't stand up hardly anyway, but covid left her weak where she had to have 2 people help her up. She almost had to go on a respirator & with her health & age, they said she'd never make it off that if she ever went on it. But after a month she went to the hospital. She had to have a feeding tube put in because she just wouldn't eat, covid left her taste off that if she didn't like something, she didn't eat it. Plus she was starting to have swallowing issues that eating or drinking would choke her a lot. Sept to Nov she had all kinds of Dr's & hospitalizations for this & that. She ended up having to start dialysis for kidney failure. She passed away 11/18. We had gotten called to rush to the hospital, her blood pressure was dropping fast. We had just gotten into inside the hospital waiting on security to let us into the hospital itself & the floor called saying run, she may not make it. We was running the halls to the elevator up to her floor & continued running. Was met by, your loved one just passed. I try telling myself she's still in the hospital, I just haven't been allowed the time to go visit her, but I know she's gone. I tear up just thinking about it. She's always on my mind. It's really hard. I just went to the cemetery for the first time since her death (1/3/23 visited cemetery). I guess I'm in a state of depression. I just don't care about anything since she's passed away. I'm trying to shake myself out of it. I am doing better since it happened, but I want back to normal again.
Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke14Wins
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by Smoke14Wins »

I had wrote a poem that I had the preacher read during her service at the funeral home:

Sitting weeping, sitting crying sending prayers to the all mighty. It's hard to watch my loved on dying.

It wasn't that much long ago we lost another one you know. Just as hard as it was then, here we struggle once again.

Her memories going, body's slowing, even kidneys gone. Yet somehow, her life barley hangs on.

A desire for life, a little more time, she doesn't feel finished, but she's almost gone.

As night comes on, her eyes part open, it's just a stare, but we're still hoping.

With our touch there's no reply. Are we too shellfish is my cry. It's hard to watch my loved one dying.

Doctors nurses tests & meds, trying to plan for what's ahead.

Results come in with yea or nay, but all we can do is simply pray.

With a glimmer of hope we find, she's finally stable at this time.

With that note lets get some rest, only God knows what's best.

To home we go to finally eat & maybe catch a little sleep.

Time is ticking marching on, we get a call, she's almost gone.

Rushing fast we're there at last, haunting words, you're loved one's passed.

In disbelief & denying I shake my mom & start crying.

I have to help, I have to keep trying, MOM MOM MOM! There's no replying. I'm too late. It's hard to see my loved one's died.

A nurse came in to be a friend, she said we were with her to the end. There was no discomfort that they could see, she passed away peacefully.

Now in Heaven mom will be, healthy, & happy for all eternity.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Smoke14Wins, I lost an aunt to cancer in December this very same way and she too had a combination of dementia and alzheimers. That is one horrible combination. What you went through was no easy battle and still going through. Please know you are surrounded by prayers of love and peace. My mom continues to battle cancer and go through dialysis. There are times when I wonder how she does it. I know there is only one simple answer, God is not done using her yet.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

All you can do in these circumstances is to keep the faith and be strong. Prayers to you - Alan.
Smoke14Wins
Race Fan
Race Fan

Post by Smoke14Wins »

Thanks for the prayers for all who are praying for me. This has been the hardest hit death I've ever had to handle. I know she didn't want to be alone, I wanted to be there with her but I didn't make it. Makes me feel like I've let her down. But she was stable as the poem read so we went home to eat & rest some but got a call a few hours later & she didn't make it. I think it would have been harder on me being there seeing her go than to already get there & she is gone. I think mom knew that & that's why she went right before I could get there. Or God knew. But it still eats away that I still feel like I let her down.
Beaver, I will keep you in my prayers too.
beaverpond
Enormous Race Fan
Enormous Race Fan

Post by beaverpond »

Nope, did not win the billion dollar prize. But the town that sold the winning ticket is a border town of NH and we have several family and friends who live in that town and that area and so far nobody is talking, not that we would expect they would. Plausible deniability.
alenigma
Colossal Race Fan
Colossal Race Fan

Post by alenigma »

True. If I made a haul in the Lotto, I would fly under the radar until it was GO time. I would choose to remain anonymous.